There’s a peaceful revolution quietly spreading through West Bromwich Albion’s training ground this season.
More and more players are starting their working days trying to balance their yin and yang on the yoga mat with Tamworth teacher Lee Canterbury-Evans.
Last season, 47-year-old Lee would only get three of four players to each of his sessions – held every Tuesday and Thursday before training.
But word is spreading, the classes are growing, and a lot of the new faces are Albion’s summer signings. It’s always been a voluntary session, but there’s one player in particular who is there week in, week out.
“Craig Dawson has been doing it for about five years,” revealed Lee. “You can tell because he’s never had a strain, or a hamstring problem. It’s a preventative tool and because he got on top of it, it’s spread through the dressing room.”
… Dorchester Yoga and Therapy Centre have also kicked off to a busy Autumn with lots of new courses and classes including:
- Sammie McFarland’s six week Pelvic Health course
- Marj Snape’s Wednesday Morning Meditation class
- Helen Heger’s Therapeutic Yoga class
- Kim Jones’ Kids and pre-school Yoga classes are bringing a joyous and lively sound to the normally quiet yoga centre!!!
We have four new courses starting in October and some lovely workshops to look forward to, and we hope to have another chair yoga starting soon as the Monday one is proving so popular!
As ever, the details are below and in the calendar – please check it!
With best wishes from Sharon and all the teachers and therapists at Dorchester Yoga and Therapy Centre
In our therapy room we are pleased to be offering Spiritual Direction with Marj Snape
Following and exploring a profound spiritual yearning in her adult life led Marj to Yoga and Meditation, and two years ago she completed the Certificate in Ecumenical Spiritual Direction at the Franciscan International Study Centre in Canterbury. Spiritual Direction or accompaniment provides the opportunity to discuss privately and honestly the search for spiritual meaning in your life. Many of us question what this life is for, why we are here , do we have a soul, what happens when we die, is there a God? We may be looking for greater depth or wholeness in our lives, or want to look at some troubling issue from a different perspective.
Spiritual Direction can offer a safe, non-judgemental space for you to explore these questions and also, through mutual conversation, guidance can be offered on developing a deeper spiritual and inner life. Marj practises meditation daily and is a regular church goer but these sessions are not aligned to any specific religious or spiritual tradition.
Classes, Courses and Workshops: October
Refining Your Practice Yoga Workshop with Isabelle Taylor
- Sunday 1st 10:00am – 1:00pm
- (a few places left)
- Read more about Refining Your Practice
Exploring Stillness with Marj Snape: NEW COURSE
- Thursday 5th 6:15 – 7:15pm
- Read more about Exploring Stillness
Breathing and Yoga Nidra Monthly Class with Sharon Cox-Button
- Friday 6th 7:00 – 8:00pm
- Read more about Yoga Nidra
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Monthly Class with Sarah Ryan
- Saturday 7th 10:45am – 12:15pm
- Read more about Yoga Sutras
The Chakras with Sarah Ryan NEW COURSE
- Sunday 8th 10:00am – 12:30pm
- Read more about The Chakras
Yoga for Runners Workshop with Kim Jones
- Sunday 8th 4:00 – 5:30pm
- Read more about Yoga for Runners
Mindfulness Drop-In with Jem Shackleford
- Thursday 12th 7:00 – 8:30pm
- Read more about Mindfulness Drop-in
Restorative Yoga with Nadiya Wynn NEW COURSE
- Friday 13th 12:45 – 2:00pm
- Read more about Restorative Yoga
Ashtanga Yoga Workshop with Jane Piddington
- Sunday 15th 10:00 – 4:00pm
- Read more about Ashtanga Yoga
Baby Massage Drop-In with Sharon Cox-Button
- Thursday 19th 1:30 – 2:45pm
- Read more about Baby Massage
BWY IST Journey Into Backbending Yoga Workshop with Zoe Knott
- Saturday 28th 10:00 – 4:00pm
- Read more about Journey into Backbending
Alignment Flow Monthly Class with Victoria Boast
- Sunday 29th 10:00 – 11:30am
- Read more about Alignment Flow
Baby Bonding with Sophia O’Neill NEW COURSE
- Monday 30th 11:00am – 12:00pm
- Read more about Baby Bonding