Baby Massage Course
Six week baby massage courses are suitable for all babies from birth to 1 year old and their parents or primary caregivers. Some of the benefits of attendance are:
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached and loved
- Enjoying focused time with your baby
- Developing your baby’s body awareness and coordination
- Stimulating your baby’s circulation, digestion and nervous system
- Socializing with other parents and babies in a welcoming and supportive environment
- Developing your baby’s social skills
- Learning to relax whilst having fun, and learning a life-long parenting skill
The course was developed by the International Association of Infant Massage; for more information about the IAIM please visit www.iaim.org.uk.
The classes are small and supportive, and the relaxed atmosphere includes time for informal discussion between parents. Please do not worry about class times coinciding with sleep or feeding times, babies are welcomed as babies, and are expected to cry, sleep, need cuddling, feeding and changing.
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Time: Thursdays 1.30-2.45pm
- Dates: 1st 8th 15th 22nd 29th November, 6th December
- Cost: £68.00
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742821937
This is a 5 week ‘Introduction to Meditation’ course. Marj has been practising Yoga for 30 years and teaching in the Dorchester and Weymouth areas for over 15 years. Marj trained with Derek Thorne and is a prominent member of the YogaLiving Community. She teaches meditation and Yoga in the Advaita Vedanta tradition . This is an ancient and authentic wisdom teaching which directs us to the oneness and truth underlying this whole experience. This is suitable for beginners, or people who wish to refresh their practice.
- Teacher: Marj Snape
- Time: 6.15-7.15pm
- Dates: 4th,11th,18th October 8th,15th, November
- Cost: £35 for 5 weeks
- Email Marj
- Mobile : 07769949947
- Fordington Yoga website
Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living
The Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living course has been developed as a ‘follow on’ course from any 8 week Mindfulness Based course, such as MBSR, MBCT, Breathworks.
It builds on participant’s already stable foundation of regular mindfulness practice, to cultivate ‘heartfulness’, or the qualities of compassion for oneself and others.
What is Compassion? Often defined as ‘a sensitivity to suffering in ourselves and others, and a commitment to try to alleviate it and prevent it’. Where mindfulness opens our senses, offering clearer sight and insight, compassion opens our hearts, offering a way to relate to the suffering we encounter, however large or small it might be.
This course is taught in a similar way to a standard Mindfulness course, over 8 sessions, plus a practice session; offering a comprehensive variety of meditations and exercises which were developed with current leaders in the field, drawing on both scientific evidence and ancient wisdom.
- To participate in the MBCL course, it’s important that you will have already attended an 8 week mindfulness course of some sort, and have developed and sustained a personal mindfulness meditation practice, on which you can learn to grow compassion practice into.
- Please intend to come to every session where possible. In common with other 8 week courses, there are weekly suggestions for daily home practice (around 45-60mins per day) both formal and informal, which we can explore in session together.
- To support your learning you will be given a handbook for the course ‘A practical guide to Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living- Living with Heart’ (RRP £19.99), which incudes online access to meditation guidance and worksheets.
- Teacher : Alison Purnell (See teachers)
- Dates: Thursdays: November 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th, December 6th, 13th;
- January 3rd (practice session), 10th, and 17th.
- Time: 6.30-9pm: Cost: £240
- Email: Allisone101@hotmail.com
Learn To Teach Children Mindfulness Level 2
Learn to teach children mindful activities through the Connected Kids™ course. This two- day course is for those who have already done the one-day course. This will enable you to teach meditation to children/teens on a professional basis. Written by the founder and author of Connected Kids™ Lorraine Murray, the course also includes the best-selling “Calm Kids” book. Taught by Nikki Harman, an experienced Connected Kids™ tutor, trainer and registered nurse.
- Teacher: Nikki Harmen
- Time: 9.50-5.00pm
- Dates: new dates in the Spring
- Course booking page
- (enter FRIENDS50 at the checkout for your discount of £50 when you book two places)
- Mobile: 07747 838 180
- Facebook: teach children meditation campaign
Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course with Jem Shackleford
A full 8 week course designed for people who wish to integrate mindfulness into their lives.
This course aims to help you take better care of yourself and get the most out of living. The majority of people completing the course report lasting benefits including:
- being better able to relax
- having more energy and enthusiasm for life
- improved self-confidence
- an increased ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations.
The aim of the programme is to learn new ways to handle challenging physical sensations, feelings, moods or social interactions. For more information please see the Mind how you go website.
This full course costs £180 and includes eight weekly 2 hour sessions, an all-day retreat, all course materials, pre-course telephone interview and supporting telephone calls/emails between sessions should you need to discuss elements of the course.
- Teacher: Jem Shackleford
- Time: Saturdays 10.30-12.30pm
- Dates: 15th, 22th, 29th September, 6th, 20th, October, 3th, 10th, 17th November.
- Cost: £180
- Email Jem
- Mobile: 07709 911987
- Mind How you go website