- Acro yoga – Chris Clayton-Jones
- Balanced Bellies Workshop – Jane Collison and Sian Lalita Alcock
- Digestive Spring Clean with Yoga and Herbs – Sharon Cox-Button and Sarah Burt
- Drum Circle – Glyn Bush
- Gong Bath – Arianna Moretti
- Holistic Yoga Workshop – Duncan Hulin
- Introduction To 9 Month Sacred Feminine Programme – Sonraya Grace
- Mini First Aid – Sue Fisher
- The Energy Within – Dr Susan Phoenix and Barbara Whiteside
- The Art Of Deep Self Care – Sian Lalita’ Alcock
- Yin Yoga and Sound Workshop – Dominique Preston and Kate Alpe
- Yoga for Runners – Kim Jones
Chris Clayton-Jones from AcroYoga International has had the pleasure of running workshops, classes and jams in various places around the world. He specialises in a fun, safe practice which is accessible to anyone willing and able to take part. All ages are welcome.
The workshop will include:
Warm up sequence, preparatory handstand drills, introduction to basic Acro moves with emphasis on alignment and comfort to aide practice longevity, introduction to therapeutic flying.
Pre-requisites: you need to be healthy or without conditions that would preclude going upside down. This doesn’t include nervousness or lack of experience!
- Teacher: Chris Clayton-Jones
- Date: hoping for another in the Autumn, watch this space!
- Time:10:00am – 1:00pm
- Cost: £25.00
- For bookings: please email Sharon
This is a workshop for all those interested in improving their digestive health and in particular learning some self-help techniques for symptoms such as heartburn, reflux, IBS and constipation.
The workshop will include yoga nidra (CDs will be available afterwards for home practice), belly self-massage, essential oils, breathing techniques and some anatomy and theory about digestive health.
- Teachers: Jane Collison (kinesiologist) Sian Alcock (yoga teacher)
- Date:Saturday November 17th
- Time: 10.00-1.00pm
- Cost: £35 – includes an aromatherapy blend for self-massage, tea and snacks.
- Mobile: Jane: 07961184753 / Sian 07527 052273
- Email: janehcollison
@gmail.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Digestive Spring Clean
- Teachers: Sharon Cox-Button (yoga) and Sarah Burt (naturopathy)
- Time: 10:00am – 4:30pm
- Date: The next course will be Spring 2019 look out for dates!
- Cost: £65.00
- Email: Sharon or Sarah
- Mobile: 077428 21937 (Sharon) or 07539 209781 (Sarah)
- Cost will be kept to a minimum, £5 per person.
- If you would like to attend please email Glyn by the end of July.
The Gong is a sacred and ancient instrument which has been used for thousands of years for deep healing, rejuvenation and transformation.
Physically, the resonance produced releases tension and blocks in the body, stimulates the glandular system and helps balance the nervous system. Mentally, the sound of the Gong helps clean out the subconscious mind, rewriting old patterns, slows down brain waves, and aids in reaching Shuniya – a place of stillness within ourselves where we can access our innate wisdom.
Playing the Gong after Kundalini Yoga is especially beneficial as the body is even more receptive to the healing vibrations it carries. The whole cellular system can be regenerated at a very deep level which can be profoundly restorative, a perfect antidote to today’s stressful lifestyles.
“The Gong is the first and last instrument for the human mind, there is only one thing that can supersede and command the human mind, the sound of the Gong. It is the first sound in the universe, the sound that created this universe. It’s the basic creative sound. To the mind, the sound of the gong is like a mother and father that gave it birth. The mind has no power to resist a gong that is well played.” Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga
During the session, we will practise a simple Kriya to stretch, energise and prepare the body, followed by a meditation to clear and quieten the mind. There will be a short relaxation then the Gong will be played.
You should wear loose, comfortable clothing which is easy to move and stretch in, and bring water to drink. Mats and blankets will be supplied. Please note that Gong baths are not recommended during pregnancy.
- Teacher: Puran Udini Kaur/Arianna (see Teachers page)
- Time: 1.00-2.30pm
- Date: next date to be announced
- Price: £12.00
- Mobile: 07790 506 821
- Email Arianna
- Kundaliin and The Gong
Holistic Yoga Workshop
The morning practice will include: pranayama, preliminary exercises, classical asana both dynamic and held, and savasana.
The afternoon will include: satsang (questions and comments / philosophical discussion) and other miscellaneous practices including pranayama rhythms.
Duncan Hulin, MRSS IYC, YRT
Duncan is the principal teacher, founder and director of the Devon School of Yoga. He is a practising yoga teacher and therapist. Duncan healed himself of asthma using yoga therapy and has now been practising yoga for 40 years and teaching for the past 34 years. In the early eighties, he spent three consecutive winters in South India studying with the late Dr. B. P. Pillai, former director of the Indian government recognised Yoga Therapy Foundation, Trivandrum, Kerala. Duncan brings a wealth of experience to his holistic yoga teaching, workshops and courses. He has worked with teenage students with learning difficulties and has led practical stress management programmes in schools. He also teaches weekly classes, including for the MET office. He is a founder member of The Independent Yoga Network and is the director of the Devon Yoga Festival.
- Teacher: Duncan Hulin
- Time:10.00am – 4:30pm
- Date: Sunday 9th September
- Cost: £45.00
- Email Sharon
- Mobile for Sharon: 07742 821 937
Introduction To 9 Month Feminine Programme
A powerful 9 Month Programme of transformation to dive deeply to reclaim your true power as a Woman from 10 November 2018 – 27 July 2019.
- Are you a woman who is searching for something more in your life?
- You feel there is something missing, something more of your power and creativity that wants to rise and be expressed.
- Like many women, you are a woman who has struggled to value yourself and stand up for what you want.
- You would love to experience a deeper self-love and acceptance and develop a healthier balance and harmony in your relationships.
Come to an Introductory Session, meet other women and myself in a loving and supportive, sacred space and discover if this 9 Month Programme is for you.
The introductory session will cover
- Understand what is the sacred/divine Feminine and where you may be in or out of balance in your life
- Connect with your feminine and begin to understand her needs and desires
- Experience a drum journey to connect with your guides and begin your healing journey
- Understand the importance of the Wheel of the Year to connect and align with your own feminine rhythm and power.
- An outline of the 9 Month Programme and time for questions and answers
Time and cost
- Teacher: Sonraya Grace
- Time : 2:00 – 5:00pm
- Dates: Saturday 15th September or Saturday 6th October
- Cost: £25.00 or bring a friend £40.00
- Mobile: 07802 769 030
- Email: Email Sonya
- More information on Sonya’s website
Mini First Aid
Mini First Aid Dorset and Somerset offers 2 hour baby & toddler first aid classes for small groups of parents and carers. Classes are informal, but informative and cover :
choking, basic life support, dealing with burns, breaks and bumps, febrile seizures
& meningitis awareness. A class costs £20 per person.
For more information or to book onto a course please visit the Mini First Aid website
- Teacher: Sue Fisher (see teachers page)
- Time and Date: 20th September 10.30-12.30pm
- Cost: £20.00
- Mini First Aid website
- Mobile: 07890 400 461
The Energy Within
Join us for a powerful, lifechanging one day workshop. Our lives are so busy that we are drowning with information every day; from social media to television and our phones alerting us all day long. Protect your energy from attack and take a journey of discovery at our one day intensive workshop. Your energy is wonderful, look after it!
At our workshop, you will gain
- An understanding about the energy surrounding us
- The tools to be able to ‘step out’ of your busy life and find peace, calm and serenity
- The skills to re-energise and recharge your batteries
- The power to use your special energy field to its full potential
What can you expect on the day?
- Guided meditation
- Past life regression
- Interactive Tarot reading
- Understanding the Chakras or energy centres of the body
- Auras and what they mean
- How to use your intuitive energy to read others (with and without cards)
- How to deal with and protect you from the ‘difficult energies’ around us
Time and costs
- Teachers: Dr Susan Phoenix and Barbara Whiteside
- Date: Sunday 9th September
- Time: 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Cost: £35.00
- Susan’s website
- Mobile: 07984 860 191
- Email: Email Susan
The Art Of Deep Self Care
Do You need some space, time, energy and nurturing?
This workshop aims to support you in exploring, creating and sustaining true well being in your life with Yoga, Life coaching, Healing, Music, Deep Relaxation and Meditation.
- Teacher: Sian Lalita’ Alcock
- Dates: Saturday September 29th, Saturday November 17th
- Time: 2.00-5.00pm
- Cost:£25.00 (Concessions available on request)
- Email Sian
- Mobile: 07527 052 273
Yin Yoga and Sounds Workshop
Yin Sounds is a deep and powerful blend of restorative and yin yoga and ancient healing sounds. These profound immersions will bring your entire being into a state of complete relaxation. The tradition of yin yoga invites the body to drop in to deep inner stillness, while the transformational and healing qualities of drum vibration, singing bowl, gong, crystal bowl, koshi chimes and more allow the body to reach a state within which natural healing can take place; making for a truly magical yin & sounds experience.
In this blissful immersion, Dominique & Kate will be combining the healing benefits of yin & restorative yoga with sound healing, bringing you a wonderfully relaxing, restorative and energizing practice.
- Teachers: Dominique Preston and Kate Alpe
- Date: Saturday 8th September
- Time: 10.00-1.00pm
- Cost: £30.00
- Event on Facebook
Yoga For Runners
A class suitable for those of us that run or are thinking of getting back to running. Prevent injury, improve strength, flexibility and balance, also breathing and mental focus.
- Teacher: Kim Jones
- Date: Sunday 1st July
- Time: 2:30 – 4:00pm
- Cost: £10
- Email: Email Kim
- Mobile: 07990 501 207