- Acro yoga – Chris Clayton-Jones
- Bhakti Yoga: Through Love to the Self (British Wheel of Yoga IST) – Rajesh David
- Digestive Spring Clean with Yoga and Herbs – Sharon Cox-Button and Sarah Burt
- Gong Bath – Arianna Moretti
- Introduction to Work on the Third Eye – Christopher Mathews
- Mini First Aid – Sue Fisher
- MTI South West Supervision Group – Sharon Bull
- The Art Of Deep Self Care – Sian Lalita’ Alcock
- The Wisdom of The Upanishads – Marj Snape
- Yoga for Runners – Kim Jones
Chris Clayton-Jones from Acroyoga.org has had the pleasure of running workshops, classes and jams in various places around the world. He specialises in a fun, safe practice which is accessible to anyone willing and able to take part.
Workshop will include:
Warm up sequence, preparatory handstand drills, introduction to basic Acro moves with emphasis on alignment and comfort to aide practice longevity, introduction to therapeutic flying.
Pre-requisites: be healthy or without conditions that would preclude going upside down. This doesn’t include nervousness or lack of experience. All ages acceptable.
- Teacher:Chris Clayton-Jones
- Date: Sunday 8th July
- Cost: £25.00
- For bookings: please email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Bhakti Yoga: Through Love to The Self
British Wheel of Yoga Inservice Training Day
Bhakti Yoga is a search for the Self, through Love. It awakens the heart centre, refining our perceptions and unveiling the true nature of reality. This is the Wisdom of the Heart which transcends the limited egocentric intellect, opening up the possibility of Yoga union with the Absolute, Brahman. The path and process of opening up the heart centre is called Bhakti Yoga.”
The day will focus on:
• opening and sensitising the Heart Chakra
• working with simple techniques which will help us to transform our stress, boost our resilience, empower higher performance and improve health and well-being
• learning to chant, and then reflecting on, Chapter 12 of the Bhagavad Gita, which deals with the subject of Bhakti
• awakening Bhakti through mantra, kirtana, Yoga Nidra, and meditation
- Teacher: Rajesh David
- Time: 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Date: Saturday June 23rd
- For bookings: https://www.bwy.org.uk/southwest/event/568/
Digestive Spring Clean
- Teachers: Sharon Cox-Button (yoga) and Sarah Burt (naturopathy)
- Time: 10-4.30pm
- Date: Sunday 17th June
- Cost: £65.00
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: 077428 21937 (Sharon) or 07539 209781 (Sarah)
The Gong is a sacred and ancient instrument which has been used for thousands of years for deep healing, rejuvenation and transformation.
Physically, the resonance produced releases tension and blocks in the body, stimulates the glandular system and helps balance the nervous system. Mentally, the sound of the Gong helps clean out the subconscious mind, rewriting old patterns, slows down brain waves, and aids in reaching Shuniya – a place of stillness within ourselves where we can access our innate wisdom.
Playing the Gong after Kundalini Yoga is especially beneficial as the body is even more receptive to the healing vibrations it carries. The whole cellular system can be regenerated at a very deep level which can be profoundly restorative, a perfect antidote to today’s stressful lifestyles.
“The Gong is the first and last instrument for the human mind, there is only one thing that can supersede and command the human mind, the sound of the Gong. It is the first sound in the universe, the sound that created this universe. It’s the basic creative sound. To the mind, the sound of the gong is like a mother and father that gave it birth. The mind has no power to resist a gong that is well played.” Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga
During the session, we will practise a simple Kriya to stretch, energise and prepare the body, followed by a meditation to clear and quieten the mind. There will be a short relaxation then the Gong will be played.
You should wear loose, comfortable clothing which is easy to move and stretch in, and bring water to drink. Mats and blankets will be supplied. Please note that Gong baths are not recommended during pregnancy.
- Teacher: Puran Udini Kaur/Arianna (see Teachers page)
- Time: 1.00-2.30pm
- Date: next date to be announced
- Price: £12.00
- Mobile: 07790 506 821
- Email Arianna
- Kundaliin and The Gong
Introduction To work On The Third Eye
Chris will give a short introductory talk (10 minutes) about Master Del Pe’s work including his books and meditations. Chris will then show a 45 minute video in which Master del Pe explains how the Third Eye is not given to us at birth but has to be constructed, and introduces us to the esoteric background and tools needed to install and use the Third Eye. The video will be followed by a Question and Answer session.
- Presenter: Christopher Matthews
- Time: 2:30 – 4:00pm
- Date: 10th June
- Cost: Free
- For more information email: christopherpmathews
- Mobile: 07909 296598
Mini First Aid
Mini First Aid Dorset and Somerset offers 2 hour baby & toddler first aid classes for small groups of parents and carers. Classes are informal, but informative and cover :
choking, basic life support, dealing with burns, breaks and bumps, febrile seizures
& meningitis awareness. A class costs £20 per person.
For more information or to book onto a course please visit the Mini First Aid website
- Teacher: Sue Fisher (see teachers page)
- Time and Date: 25th May 7.00-9.00pm
- Cost: £20.00
- Mini First Aid website
- Mobile: 07890 400 461
MTI South West- Massage Training Institute
Sharon Bull will facilitate this session which will include a time for group supervision to support you and reflect upon your bodywork practice (so
bring any questions or ponderings)CPD certificate given 4.5 hours.
Sharon Bull will facilitate this session which will include a time for group supervision to support you and reflect upon your bodywork practice (so bring any questions or ponderings)
- Teacher: Sharon Bull
- Time: 10.00-3.30pm
- Date: next dates to be announced
- Cost: £20 MTI members/students, £30 non-MTI members
- Massage training website
- Touch Energy website
- Mobile: 07769 808797
Eat Well Nourish Workshop
This workshop is cancelled and will be rescheduled later in the year.
Thrive Health & Wellness and Yoga with Nadiya have teamed up to create 4 seasonal workshops for you this year, based on Dr Chatterjee’s 4 Pillars of Good Health.
The second of the four pillars of natural health is Eat Well. Designed to help with an understanding of the digestive system, vitamin & mineral requirements, food intolerances, healthy recipes, plus yoga to aid digestion.
Date: Saturday 2nd June
Timings: 10am-4pm, £75
Teachers: Nadiya Wynn and Sarah Attwood
- Date: Saturday June 2nd
- Time: 10.00-4.00pm
- Cost: £75.00
- Mobile: 07800 712998
- Email Nadiya
- Nadya’s website
The Art Of Deep Self Care
Do You need some space, time, energy and nurturing?
This workshop aims to support you in exploring, creating and sustaining true well being in your life with Yoga, Life coaching, Healing, Music, Deep Relaxation and Meditation.
- Teacher: Sian Lalita’ Alcock
- Dates: Saturday June 2nd
- Time: 2.00-5.00pm
- Cost:£25.00 (Concessions available on request)
- Email Sian
- Mobile: 07527 052 273
The Wisdom of The Upanishads
A morning workshop based on the timeless spirituality and philosophy of The Upanishads. Chanting, meditation, teaching and discussion in the tradition of Jnana Yoga.
- Teacher- Marj Snape
- Date: Saturday June 16th
- Time: 10.00-1.00pm
- Cost: £25.00
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01035 259261
Yoga For Runners
A class suitable for those of us that run or are thinking of getting back to running. Prevent injury, improve strength, flexibility and balance, also breathing and mental focus.
- Teacher: Kim Jones
- Date: Sunday 1st July
- Time: 2.30-4.00pm
- Cost: £10
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: 07990501207