- Digestive Spring Clean With Yoga and Herbs -Sharon Cox-Button and Sarah Burt
- Gong Bath – Arianna Moretti
- Herbal First Aid Workshop – Fiona Heckels
- Introduction to Work on the Third Eye – Christopher Matthews
- Mini First Aid – Sue Fisher
- MTI South West Supervision Group – Sharon Bull
- Reiki Taster- Karen Giles and Elaine
- Sleep Well Nourish Workshop – Nadiya Wynn and Sarah Attwood
- Shakti Dance – Magdalena Atkinson
- The Art Of Deep Self Care – Sian Lalita’ Alcock
- Unlocking The Secrets of the Bhagavad Gita – Acharya Bankim Gossai
- Yin Fascial Yoga Workshop – Dominique Preston
- Yoga for Runners – Kim Jones
Digestive Spring Clean With Yoga and Herbs
Learn how to cleanse and support the digestive system with yoga and herbs. Learn yoga kriyas (cleanses), breathing practices and postures to help cleanse support and stimulate the digestive system. Awaken your digestion with herbal tonics, diet and supplements. The day will include a healthy lunch, and a herbal tonic and supplements to take home and continue the cleanse with. Suitable for those with digestive disorders or those simply wanting a “spring clean”. If you want to discuss anything in confidence please contact either Sarah or Sharon. Spaces are limited, booking essential. Suitable for all.
- Teachers: Sharon Cox-Button (yoga) Sarah Burt (naturopath)
- Time: 10.00-4.30pm
- Date: Sunday 22nd April
- Cost : £65.00
- For bookings or more information :
- Sharon Cox-Button: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07742821937
- Sarah Burt: sarahcooknd
@icloud.com/ 07539 209781
The Gong is a sacred and ancient instrument which has been used for thousands of years for deep healing, rejuvenation and transformation.
Physically, the resonance produced releases tension and blocks in the body, stimulates the glandular system and helps balance the nervous system. Mentally, the sound of the Gong helps clean out the subconscious mind, rewriting old patterns, slows down brain waves, and aids in reaching Shuniya – a place of stillness within ourselves where we can access our innate wisdom.
Playing the Gong after Kundalini Yoga is especially beneficial as the body is even more receptive to the healing vibrations it carries. The whole cellular system can be regenerated at a very deep level which can be profoundly restorative, a perfect antidote to today’s stressful lifestyles.
“The Gong is the first and last instrument for the human mind, there is only one thing that can supersede and command the human mind, the sound of the Gong. It is the first sound in the universe, the sound that created this universe. It’s the basic creative sound. To the mind, the sound of the gong is like a mother and father that gave it birth. The mind has no power to resist a gong that is well played.” Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga
During the session, we will practise a simple Kriya to stretch, energise and prepare the body, followed by a meditation to clear and quieten the mind. There will be a short relaxation then the Gong will be played.
You should wear loose, comfortable clothing which is easy to move and stretch in, and bring water to drink. Mats and blankets will be supplied. Please note that Gong baths are not recommended during pregnancy.
- Teacher: Puran Udini Kaur/Arianna (see Teachers page)
- Time: 1.00-2.30pm
- Date: next date to be announced for the New Year
- Price: £12.00
- Mobile: 07790 506 821
- Email Arianna
- Kundaliin and The Gong
Herbal First Aid Workshop
In this interactive sensory workshop, we’ll be taking a journey through the Herbal First Aid Kit. Come and Learn about choosing remedies for everyday complaints.
Fiona is an experienced herbalist and teacher. She has treated hundreds of people with herbal first aid at outdoor events over the years. She has 2 children, both brought up with herbal medicine.
- Teacher: Fiona Heckels
- Time: 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Date: Saturday 21st April 2018
- Cost: £65 (places are limited Booking essential)
- Email Fiona
- Mobile: 07830 195 745
- Fiona’s website
Introduction To work On The Third Eye
Introduction to work on “The Third Eye: A Universal Secret Revealed” by Master Del Pe incuding a 45 minute film where he presents his work. Presented by Chris Mathews.
- Presenter: Christopher Matthews
- Time: 2:30 – 4:30pm
- Date: this will be rearranged
- For more information email: christopherpmathews
- Mobile: 07909 296598
Mini First Aid
Mini First Aid Dorset and Somerset offers 2 hour baby & toddler first aid classes for small groups of parents and carers. Classes are informal, but informative and cover :
choking, basic life support, dealing with burns, breaks and bumps, febrile seizures
& meningitis awareness. A class costs £20 per person.
For more information or to book onto a course please visit the Mini First Aid website
- Teacher: Sue Fisher (see teachers page)
- Time and Date: Sunday 22nd April 10.30-12.30pm
- Cost: £20.00
- Mini First Aid website
- Mobile: 07890 400 461
MTI South West- Massage Training Institute
Sharon Bull will facilitate this session which will include a time for group supervision to support you and reflect upon your bodywork practice (so
bring any questions or ponderings)CPD certificate given 4.5 hours.
Sharon Bull will facilitate this session which will include a time for group supervision to support you and reflect upon your bodywork practice (so bring any questions or ponderings)
- Teacher: Sharon Bull
- Time: 10.00-3.30pm
- Date: next dates to be announced
- Cost: £20 MTI members/students, £30 non-MTI members
- Massage training website
- Touch Energy website
- Mobile: 07769 808797
We are pleased to announce that our reiki taster has been rescheduled:
Have you heard of Reiki and wondered what it is? Have you thought about being a Reiki healer? If so, come along to our Reiki Taster:
- Hear the story and principles of Reiki
- Learn how Reiki energy works
- Experience the Reiki energy
- And more…
We are two experienced Reiki Master Teachers who want to share Reiki with others
- Teachers: Karen Giles and Elaine
- Date: 7th April
- Cost £10.00
- More details: Karen 07880 353260 or Elaine 07704 491830
- Get 10% off Reiki First Degree training
Shakti Dance – Yoga of Dance! After a break Magdalena is back to offer this beautiful creative practice to you! Come, stretch, let go, feel your body, shake and dance! Shakti dance awakens the inner creative power in us, we gain a new perspective and access to the body in a unique creative way!
- Teacher: Magdalena Atkinson
- Date: 4th March
- Time: 1.30-3.30pm
- Cost: £15.00
- Email Magdalena
- Mobile: 07796656869
Sleep Well Nourish Workshop
Interested in natural health? Want to relax more deeply and switch off? Interested in trying restorative yoga. Thrive Health & Wellness and Yoga with Nadiya have teamed up to create 4 seasonal workshops for you this year, based on Dr Chatterjee’s 4 Pillars of Good Health . Sarah and Nadiya are passionate about health and wellbeing, especially sleep!
Kinesiologist Sarah will share her knowledge about overall health for balancing the nervous system, discovering the powers of aromatherapy and enjoying a good quality sleep every night.
Yoga teacher Nadiya will lead you through a nourishing RestorativeYoga and Yoga Nidra session to rest your body, clear your mind and restore your energy.
If that wasn’t enough:
- Try out essential oils and have fun creating your own relaxing aromatherapy body cream to take home with you
- Enjoy refreshments and a light seasonal vegetarian lunch
- Relax with tea and homemade chocolate truffles before you depart with your Nourish goody bag
- Teachers: Nadiya Wynn and Sarah Attwood
- Date: next date to be announced
- Time: 10.00-3.00pm
- Cost: £75.00 ( if you book before the 1st March you can enjoy the early bird price of just £65!)
- Mobile: 07800 712998
- Email Nadiya
- Nadya’s website
The Art Of Deep Self Care
Do You need some space, time, energy and nurturing?
This workshop aims to support you in exploring, creating and sustaining true well being in your life with Yoga, Life coaching, Healing, Music, Deep Relaxation and Meditation.
- Teacher: Sian Lalita’ Alcock
- Dates: Saturday April 7th, June 2nd
- Time: 2.00-5.00pm
- Cost:£25.00 (Concessions available on request)
- Email Sian
- Mobile: 07527 052 273
Unlocking The Secrets Of The Bhagavad Gita
A 2 day course learning to chant Chapter 9 of the Bhagavad Gita, where Krishna reveals His secrets to Arjuna.
Who is the course for?
Anyone with a keen desire to learn. Ideal for yoga teachers, trainee yoga teachers and keen practitioners although this is not necessary.
What will the course involve?
The Bhagavad Gita is one of the main texts on traditional yoga as taught in India. Bhagavad Gita means ‘Song of the Lord’ and it outlines the main paths of yoga, not in a physical sense but as a way of living in the highest truth. In it, Krishna (the teacher) and Arjuna (the student) share dialogue. Although every chapter is sacred in this book, chapter 9 is highly revered, as this Is where Krishna reveals to Arjuna His secrets.
The course will be run by Acharya Bankim Gossai from London Temple, Maha Lakshmi Vidya Bhavan. Acharya is the Sanskrit word meaning teacher or preacher, some would also refer to him as Guru. He is the main preacher for the temple and is passionate about sharing the teachings of ancient India to anyone willing and open to receive.
We will systematically go through slokas 1-34 of chapter 9 learning the correct Sanskrit and how to chant it. It will be taught as is traditional, through call and response, whereby the teacher calls out the words, and the student repeats back what they hear.
There will be a little yoga asana to prepare the body for sitting and chanting (Taught by Leanne Jones), time for discussion and explanation of some of the verses. Both days will include invocation and Aarti (Ceremony of light) and all course material will be provided.
Please bring a shared vegetarian/vegan lunch. Refreshments will be available throughout the day.
You will be awarded a certificate of completion from the Temple at the end of the second day.
- Teacher: Acharya Bankim Gossai
- Date: Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th April
- Time: 10:00 – 4:00pm
- Cost: £60.00 for both days to cover costs and donation to the Temple (a 50% deposit will be required on booking.)
- Please contact Leanne Jones to book on 07766 221 848
Yin Fascial Yoga Workshop
Yin Fascial Yoga combines Yin Yoga, Myofascial Release, Dao Yin and Traditional Chinese Medicine and explores the many ways we can help release tension, tightness and trauma held within our body. Like a traditional Yin yoga session we’ll be gently stretching and accessing the deeper aspects of the body with long held seated postures, but also using dao yin practices and myofascial release to stimulate and release tension and energy blockages held within the fascial network system. Using yoga, myofascial release and eastern movement practices as well as aspects of TCM, we’ll work to release energy blockages within the subtle and physical body that can arise due to stress, injury or trauma.
- Teacher: Dominique Preston
- Date: 22nd April
- Time: 1.00-4.00pm
- Cost: £25.00
- Email Dominique
- Facebook page
Yoga For Runners
A class suitable for those of us that run or are thinking of getting back to running. Prevent injury, improve strength, flexibility and balance, also breathing and mental focus.
- Teacher: Kim Jones
- Date: Sunday 25th March
- Time: 2.30-4.00pm
- Cost: £10
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: 07990501207