Hello – Where did October go???
We are well and truly into Autumn and the horse chestnut trees outside the yoga studios are looking gorgeous! October was busy in many ways and also because our second therapy room was being finished.
It is a lovely space, and with more room we can offer more therapies. If you are interested in joining us as a therapist and using our therapy rooms please email me. If you are interested in receiving therapies check out our therapies page!
I would like to welcome Setsuko Susuki who does Yu-ki Energy Therapy and Reiki and is joining us from November (more below).
I would also like to welcome Bonnie Bloxham to the centre who will be teaching Power Yoga on Tuesday mornings 9:30 – 10:30am starting on Tuesday 7th November.
As ever, the details are below and in the calendar – please check it!
With best wishes from Sharon and all the teachers and therapists at Dorchester Yoga and Therapy Centre
Setsuko Susuki and Yu-ki Energy Therapy and Reiki
After graduating from university in Japan I worked in a big financial organization for a while. Although I enjoyed the life of a busy young professional, I felt that something important was missing from my life.
One day I attended a short introduction to aromatherapy, where I learnt that bears when they’re sick can find the plants which have the therapeutic properties they need. I was amazed to discover that animals can heal themselves naturally, without going to school or reading any books, and I realized that this was something I wanted to bring into my own life.
I decided to come to the UK to study aromatherapy and massage therapy, and I got my ITEC Diploma in 1999. Through that course I learned to sense the energy in people’s bodies, so for my next step I chose to study oriental diagnosis, followed by remedial massage, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Reflexology, and Shiatsu. As a result of these and other courses I was able to establish myself as a successful full-time practitioner.
The success of this led to my physical breakdown in 2002! I started to focus on myself, trying many different therapies all of which helped broaden me as a therapist including spiritual healing. In order to practice spiritual healing, in 2003 I joined the National Federation of Spiritual Healers (the biggest non-religious healing organization in the UK), and then took a 5-term healing course at the College of Psychic Studies. At the same time I explored several different schools of Reiki.
Eventually I made a dramatic recovery and found that deeper work such as that done in Yu-ki energy helps more naturally and yet more powerfully. That is why I have such a strong desire to help other people in this way.
Classes, Courses and Workshops: November
Mini First Aid with Sue Fisher
- Thursday 2nd 11:00am – 1:00pm
- More about Mini First Aid
IAIM 6 week Baby massage Course with Sharon Cox-Button
- Thursday 2nd 1:30 – 2:45pm
- More about Baby Massage
Mindful Drop In with Jem Shackleford
- Thursday 2nd 7:00 – 8:30pm
- More about Mindfulness
4 week Restorative Course with Nadiya Wynn
- Friday 3rd Nov 12.45-2.00pm
- More about Restorative Course
Breathing and Yoga Nidra Class with Sharon Cox-Button
- Friday 3rd 7:00 – 8:00pm
- More about Breathing and Yoga Nidra
Shamanic Workshop with Karen Giles and Ren Daire
- Saturday 4th 10:00am – 4:00pm
- More about Shamanic workshop
The Art Of Deep Self Care with Sian Alcock
- Saturday 4th 2:00 – 5:00pm
- More about Deep Self Care
Gong Bath with Arianna Moretti / Puran Udini
- Saturday 4th 5:30 – 7:30pm
- More about Gong Bath
Yoga and Sound meditation with Jez Culley and Chrissie Fraser
- Sunday 5th 10:30 – 1:00pm
- More about Yoga and Sound Meditation workshop
Free Introductory Talk on Alexander Technique with Liz Watson
- Thursday 9th 7:00 – 8:00pm
- More about Talk about Alexander Technique
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali with Sarah Ryan
- Saturday 11th 10:45 – 12:15pm
- More about Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
The Chakras with Sarah Ryan
- Sunday 12th 10:00am – 12:30pm
- More about The Chakras
Teach Children Mindfulness Course “Connected Kids” Level 1 with Nikki Harmen
- Friday 17th 9:30am – 5:00pm
- More about Teach Children Mindfulness level 1
Teach Children Mindfulness Course “Connected Kids” level 2 with Nikki Harmen
- Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th 9:30am – 5:00pm
- More about Teach Children Mindfulness level 2
Refining Your Practice: In Search of Flow with Isabelle Taylor
- Sunday 19th 10:00am – 1:00pm
- More about Refining your Practice
Reiki Share with Karen Giles
- Friday 24th 6:30 – 8:00pm
- More about Reiki Share
Yoga and Herbs for the Menopause with Sharon Cox-Button and Sarah Burt
- Sunday 26th 10:00 – 4:00pm
- More about Yoga and Herbs for Menopause
Alignment Flow with Victoria Boast
- Sunday 26th 10:00 – 11:30am
- More about Alignment Flow