Welcome to our September newsletter.
We hope you have enjoyed the wonderful summer, the wonderful countryside around us and maybe new places further afield.
We have some fabulous photos to share with you of yoga in unusual outdoor settings:
We are pleased to have had Toni Franklin join us over the summer. Toni has started her British Wheel of Yoga teacher training and as part of her course she has started her teaching practice with us, and so will be offering a beginners yoga class on Tuesdays at 6:00 – 7:30pm.
We also welcome Chrissie Haskett who is starting a weekly Yin Yoga class on Wednesday 19th September 10:30 – 12:00pm.
From the beginning of September all our regular weekly classes are back: including Sharon’s Chair Yoga (Mondays 11:00am – 12.00pm), Jazmin’s Tai Chi (Wednesdays 12:30 – 1:30pm) and Marj’s Early Morning Meditation (Wednesdays 7:00 – 7.45am). There are a few changes to the names of the classes: Yogi Lea’s ‘Mindful Yoga’ Classes are now called ‘Yoga Sadhana’ and Sharon’s ‘Gentle Yoga’ Classes are now called ‘Mixed Ability’.
Mother and Baby Yoga and Baby Massage start back on Thursday the 13th September at 10:45am – 12:00pm and 1:30 – 2:45pm.
Kim Jones is starting a new Post Natal Pelvic Floor and Core Recovery class on Tuesday 11th September 11:00am – 12:00pm and Jez Culley is starting a Lunchtime Yoga class on a Thursday 12.30 – 1.30pm on Thursday 20th September.
I would like to welcome Helen Ross to our team of therapists. She runs ‘The Well Life Lab’ which is a nutrition clinic and is a degree qualified Registered Nutritional Therapist and health coach.
Helen has a special interest in digestive disorders, detoxification, and dietary education. She uses a Functional Medicine approach, which improves patient outcomes across a wide range of chronic health conditions.
Our new timetable will be available to pick up in the foyer, and we look forward to seeing you at your regular class or an event as we settle into the Autumn term.
As ever, the details are below and in the calendar – please check it!
With best wishes from Sharon and all the teachers and therapists at Dorchester Yoga and Therapy Centre
Classes, Courses and Workshops: September
Mindfulness Drop-in with Jem Shackleford
- Thursday 6th 7:00 – 8:30pm
- Read more about Mindfulness drop-in
Breathing and Yoga Nidra with Sharon Cox-Button
- Friday 7th 7:00 – 8:00pm
- Read more about Breathing and Yoga Nidra
Yin Yoga and Sound Workshop with Dominique Preston and Kate Alpe
- Saturday 8th 10:00am – 1.00pm
- Read more about Yin Yoga and Sound
Holistic Yoga Workshop with Duncan Hulin
- Sunday 9th 10:00am – 4:30pm
- Read more about Holistic Yoga
The Energy Within Workshop with Dr Susan Phoenix and Barbara Whiteside
- Sunday 9th 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Read more about New Energy Within
Runners Workshop with Kim Jones
- Sunday 9th 2:30 – 4:00pm
- Read more about Yoga for Runners
Yoga Sutras with Sarah Ryan
- Saturday 15th 10:45am – 12:15pm
- Read more about Yoga Sutras
NEW: Mindfulness Course with Jem Shackleford
- Saturday 15th 10:30am – 12:30pm
- Read more about Mindfulness
Introduction to 9 Month Feminine Programme with Sonraya Grace
- Saturday 15th 2:00 – 5:00pm
- Read more about Introduction to 9 month Feminine Programme
Chakra Workshop with Sarah Ryan
- Sunday 16th 10:00 – 12:30pm
- Read more about Chakra workshop
Mini First Aid with Sue Fisher
- Thursday 20th 10:30am – 12:30pm
- Read more about Mini First Aid
Jivamukti Yoga with Leanne Jones
- Friday 21st 7:00 – 9:00pm
- Read more about Jivamukti Yoga
Drum Circle with Glyn Bush
- Saturday 22nd 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Read more about Drum Circle
British Wheel of Yoga First Aid day
- Sunday 23rd 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Read more about British Wheel of Yoga First Aid day
Reiki Share with Karen Giles
- Friday 28th 6:30 – 8:00pm
- Read more about Reiki Share
The Art of Deep Self Care with Sian Alcock
- Saturday 29th 2:00 – 5:00pm
- Read more about Art of Deep Self Care
Alignment Flow with Victoria Boast
- Sunday 30th 10:00am – 11:30am
- Read more about Alignment Flow Yoga
Looking forward to October
Exploring Stillness with Marj Snape
- A new 5 week meditation course starting on
- Thursday 4th 6:15 – 7:15pm