Welcome to our October newsletter. It is certainly feeling Autumnal and the colours of the Horse Chestnut trees outside our studios are looking gorgeous!
We have had a very busy September with everyone seemingly enthusiastic to be back to their classes and a wonderful variety of workshops that have been very well attended. October continues to be busy with still more teachers and therapists joining us and new classes on the timetable.
Calling all children! We have space in our childrens’ classes, Mondays 4:30 – 5:15pm (ages 5 – 9), Thursdays 5:00 – 5:45pm (9 – 12 years). Please call Kim Jones on 07990 501 207 if you would like a taster.
As ever, the details are below and in the calendar – please check it!
We will be taking the website down for maintenance at some in point mid-October – so if you can’t see it for a few days – don’t panic! It’s at the Big Yoga Website Garage In The Cloud for some tinkering.
With best wishes from Sharon and all the teachers and therapists at Dorchester Yoga and Therapy Centre
We have 2 new regular classes for the timetable this Autumn:
- Jez Culley has started a Thursday lunchtime General Yoga class at 12:30 – 1:30pm
- Toni Roberts, who is new to the centre, will be a bringing a Vinyasa Flow to our daytime timetable in November. Her new class starts Tuesday 13th November at 9:15 – 10:45am. We wish her a warm welcome!
Marj Snape starts a new 5 week Finding Stillness Course for anyone interested in learning the first steps to meditation on Thursday 4th October at 6:15 – 7:15pm. (Or come along to her Early Morning Meditation class on Thursdays 7:00 – 7:45am for chanting, meditation and readings from classical yoga texts).
Katy Murrell has joined our therapists team and is offering one2one and one2two Back Care sessions. Some of you may know Katy as she has been offering yoga in Dorchester for many years.
“The Symptoms of (this) mental agitation are suffering, negative thinking, restlessness and erratic breathing” wrote Patanjali, a few centuries ago.
Come and discuss this in our philosophy class “Yoga Sutras of Patanjali with Sarah Ryan on Saturday 13th at 10:45 – 12:15pm. This Sutra can help us to recognise quickly when things are going wrong in our life, so we can right them before they get worse. There are wonderful suggestions of how we can do that. Do come and join us – these sessions are suitable for anyone interested in yoga and how it can help our life.
Classes, Courses and Workshops: October
Exploring Stillness 5 week course with Marj Snape
- Thursday 4th 6:15 – 7:15pm
- More about Exploring Stillness
Mindfulness Drop-in with Jem Shackleford
- Thursday 4th 7:00 – 8:30pm
- More about Mindfulness Drop-in
Breathing and Yoga Nidra with Sharon Cox-Button
- Friday 5th 7:00 – 8:0opm
- More about Breathing and Yoga Nidra
Introduction to 9 month Sacred Feminine Programme with Sonraya Grace
- Saturday 6th 2:00 – 5:00pm
- More about 9 month Sacred Feminine Programme
Nourishing Self-Care workshop with Nadiya Wynn and Thrive Health and Wellness
- Saturday 13th 10:30am – 4:30pm
- More about Nourishing Self-Care Workshop
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali with Sarah Ryan
- Saturday 13th 10:45am – 12:15pm
- More about Yoga Sutras
Reiki One with Sakhmet Campbell
- Saturday 13th 11:00am – 4:00pm
- More about Reiki One
Reiki Two with Sakhmet Campbell
- Sunday 14th 11:00am – 4:00pm
- More about Reiki Two
Runners Yoga Workshop with Kim Jones
- Sunday 14th 2:30 – 4:00pm
- More about Runners Yoga
Jivamukti XL Yoga Workshop with Leanne Jones
- Friday 19th 7:00 – 9:00pm
- More about Jivamukti XL Yoga
Eating for increased Vitality and Healthy Ageing with Helen Ross
- Sunday 21st 11:00 am – 12.00pm
- More about Eating for increased vitality and healthy ageing
Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra with Sharon Cox-Button
- Sunday 21st 1:30 – 4:00pm
- More about Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
Reiki Share with Karen Giles
- Friday 26th 6:30 – 8:00pm
- More about Reiki Share
Crystal healing Workshop with Sakhmet Campbell
- Saturday 27th 11:00am – 4:00pm
- More about Crystal Healing
Alignment Flow Yoga with Victoria Boast
- Saturday 28th 10:00 – 11.30am
- More about Alignment Flow Yoga
Sound Space Meditation
- Wednesday 31st October 2:00 – 3:30pm
- More about Sound Space Meditation
Looking ahead to November
10th November: Chris Clayton-Jones is back with his Acro Yoga workshop. Lots of fun and suitable for all if up for the challenge!