The horse chestnut tree is looking fabulous as it casts its dappled shade into the studios and reminds us of the passing of the seasons. The newly formed buds have literally doubled in size every day over the past few weeks, and now the leaves are at their most luscious!!
This reminds us of the upward moving and expansive energy of Spring, and just as nature expresses determination and creativity we too want to engage in activities that require this determination and creativity.
We feel the excitement of the summer approaching and begin to plan our summer activities. It is a perfect time to spring clean the body as we do our homes, and it’s a good time to let go of stimulants such as coffee and alcohol and use the lighter, longer and warmer days to fuel ourselves instead.
Our lives change in many ways with the seasons; our food, hobbies and of course our yoga practice. The outside grass begs handstands and cartwheels, more dynamic postures and energetic classes (of course only if it suits you).
We hope you find lots to feed your creative Spring energy.
As ever, the details are below and in the calendar – please check it!
With best wishes from Sharon and all the teachers and therapists at Dorchester Yoga and Therapy Centre
We are pleased to announce that on Friday June 21st International Yoga day we will be holding an evening of yoga classes, to celebrate yoga in all its components and to offer you the chance to try something new. We will have much more information about this event in the June newsletter and on the website.
We have also teamed up with Wagamamas and hope to be offering free early Morning classes in the fountain area of Brewery Square, again showcasing our full range of yoga classes along with tai chi, pilates, family yoga, children’s yoga and meditation. We hope you can join us for these events.
We have a wonderful range of workshops this month, our usual workshops and a few special ones such as Derek Thorne’s chanting of Sri Rudram, Sacred Geometry with the very talented Sakhmet and another Daoist yoga workshop with Robert Joyce. Jem Shackleford is starting a new Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course.
Classes, Courses and Workshops: May
Mindfulness Drop-in with Jem Shackleford
- Thursday 2nd 7:00 – 8:30pm
- More about Mindfulness Drop-in
Breathing and Yoga Nidra with Sharon Cox-Button
- Friday 3rd 7:00 – 8:00pm
- More about Breathing and Yoga Nidra
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali with Sarah Ryan
- Saturday 4th 10:45am – 12:15pm
- More about Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
Yoga for Back Care with Katy Murrell
- Tuesday 7th, 12:00 – 1:15pm
- More about Yoga for Back Care
Gong Bath with Arianna Puran Udini
- Saturday 11th 11:00am – 1:00pm
- More about Gong Bath
The Art of Deep Self Care with Sian Lalita Alcock
- Saturday 11th 2:00 – 5:00pm
- More about Deep Self Care
Yin Fascial Yoga with Dominique Preston
- Sunday 12th 2:00 – 5:00pm
- More about Yin Fascial Yoga
Qoya with Vikki Smisek
- Monday 13th 11:30am – 1:00pm
- More about Qoya
Chanting of Sri Rudram with Derek Thorne
- Thursday 16th 7:00 – 8:00pm
- More about Chanting of Sri Rudram
Yoga and Sufi Dance with Yogi Lea
- Saturday 18th 10:00am – 12:30pm
- More about Yoga and Sufi Dance
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course with Jem Shackleford (NEW)
- Saturday 18th 10:30am – 12:30pm
- More about Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course
Sacred Geometry with Sakhmet
- Saturday 18th 1:00 – 5:00pm
- More about Sacred Geometry
Alignment Flow Yoga with Victoria Boast
- Sunday 19th 10:00 – 11:30am
- More about Alignment Flow Yoga
Runners Yoga Workshop with Kim Jones
- Sunday 19th 2:30 – 4:00pm
- More about Runners Yoga Workshop
Sound Space Meditation with Chrissy Foster
- Wednesday 22nd 12:30 – 2:00pm
- More about Sound Space Meditation
Daoist Yoga workshop with Robert Joyce
- Saturday 25th 10:00am – 12:00pm
- More about Daoist Yoga workshop
Jivamukti XL with Leanne Jones
- Friday 31st 7:00 – 9:00pm
- More about Jivamukti XL Yoga