We’ve just passed Beltane, the Gaelic May Day festival that marks the beginning of Summer.
Trees are bursting into blossom and glorious shades of bright green are appearing all around, and… dare I say it some sunshine.
All the seeds of Winter’s dreaming can begin to gather strength, draw energy and start to grow.
Workshops in May
We have some really special workshops this month and next month, that offer the chance for lots of growth, and we are very excited to have old teachers rejoining us with new classes.
Victoria Smisek, who used to teach Qoya at the centre, is offering a Women’s retreat day with Mindfulness and Qoya.
Jane Collison is offering a 3-hour introductory kinesiology workshop for the first time. She has taught Foundation and Practitioner courses at the centre, but is offering this workshop to anyone, so that you can use the techniques at home to help your own health. You will have the chance to learn how to muscle test, to find out what supplements you need, what foods agree or disagree with you and what flower essences may help your emotions. This workshop will be repeated on June 25th.
Kim Mackie is offering the chance to learn Sun salutation to suit you as a daily practice.
We are so pleased to have back two of our old teachers:
Toni Franklin is offering a monthly Yin Workshop on the last Friday of the Month, 6:00 – 7:30pm
Jess Obermeier will be teaching a weekly Balance Relax Yoga class starting on 12th May on Fridays 9:15 – 10:15am
As ever, the details are below and in the calendar – please check it!
Enjoy all that DYTC has to offer and all that nature has to offer too!
With best wishes from Sharon and all the teachers and therapists at Dorchester Yoga and Therapy Centre
Classes, Courses and Workshops: May
New balance Relax Yoga class with Jess Obermaier
- Friday 12th May 9:15 – 10:15am
- More about New balance Relax Yoga
Breathing and Yoga Nidra with Sharon Cox-Button
- Friday 12th May 6:30 – 7:30pm
- More about Breathing and Yoga Nidra
Womens’ Retreat: Mindfulness and Qoya with Victoria Smisek
- Saturday 13th May 10:00am – 4:00pm
- More about Womens Retreat: Mindfulness and Qoya
Saturday Soundbath with Bex Leonard
- Saturday 13th May 6:00 – 7:15pm
- More about Saturday Soundbath
Surya Namaskar Workshop with Kim Mackie
- Sunday 14th 10:00 – 11:00am
- More about Surya Namaskar Workshop
Yoga Sutras with Sarah Ryan
- Saturday 20th 10:45am – 12:15pm
- More about Yoga Sutras
Iyengar Yoga with Cheree Low
- Saturday 20th 2:00 – 5:00pm
- More about Iyengar Yoga
An Introduction to Kinesiology with Jane Collison
- Sunday 21st May 10:00am – 1:00pm
- More about An Introduction to Kinesiology
Mini First Aid with Sue Fisher
- Monday 22nd 10:00am – 12:00pm
- More about Mini First Aid
Yin Yoga Monthly Workshop with Toni Franklin
- Friday 26th 6:00 – 7:30pm
- More about Yin Yoga Monthly workshop
Yin Yoga Workshop with Chrissie Haskett
- Saturday 27th 10:30am – 1:00pm
- More about Yin Yoga Workshop
Reiki share with Wrio Russell and Karen Giles
- Saturday 27th 2:00 – 3:30pm
- More about Reiki share