ALL COURSES ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Baby Massage Course – Sharon Cox-Button
- Exploring Stillness – Marj Snape
- Hypnobirthing – Corinne Lukomski
- Kinesiology Course – Jane Collison
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Course – Jem Shackleford
- Mother and Baby Yoga Course – Sharon Cox-Button
- NCT – Claire Williams and Ellen Simon
- Postpartum Pelvic Floor and Core Recovery Course – Kim Jones
- Reiki – Chrissie Haskett
Baby Massage Course
Six week baby massage courses are suitable for all babies from birth to 1 year old and their parents or primary caregivers. Some of the benefits of attendance are:
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached and loved
- Enjoying focused time with your baby
- Developing your baby’s body awareness and coordination
- Stimulating your baby’s circulation, digestion and nervous system
- Socializing with other parents and babies in a welcoming and supportive environment
- Developing your baby’s social skills
- Learning to relax whilst having fun, and learning a life-long parenting skill
The course was developed by the International Association of Infant Massage; for more information about the IAIM please visit www.iaim.org.uk.
The classes are small and supportive, and the relaxed atmosphere includes time for informal discussion between parents. Please do not worry about class times coinciding with sleep or feeding times, babies are welcomed as babies, and are expected to cry, sleep, need cuddling, feeding and changing.
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Time: Thursdays 1.30-2.45pm
- Dates: March 5th 12th 19th 26th, April 2nd 9th 2020
- Cost: £69.00
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742821937
We run regular NCT Birth Preparation classes with local teachers Claire Williams and Ellen Simon throughout the year. Please contact the National Organisation to book onto a course
This is a 5 week ‘Introduction to Meditation’ course. Marj has been practising Yoga for 30 years and teaching in the Dorchester and Weymouth areas for over 15 years. Marj trained with Derek Thorne and is a prominent member of the YogaLiving Community. She teaches meditation and Yoga in the Advaita Vedanta tradition . This is an ancient and authentic wisdom teaching which directs us to the oneness and truth underlying this whole experience. This is suitable for beginners, or people who wish to refresh their practice.
- Teacher: Marj Snape
- Time: 6.15-7.15pm
- Dates: new dates in the Spring
- Cost: £35 for 5 weeks
- Email Marj
- Mobile: 07769 949 947
- Fordington Yoga website
From 20 weeks into your pregnancy is a great time to start preparing for the most important event of your life. Discovering that your body is beautifully designed to give birth naturally will give you confidence and help you look forward to the birth of your baby.
Corinne Lukomski is a trained hypnotherapist specialising in hypnobirthing. She discovered hypnobirthing 17 years ago when she was pregnant with her first daughter. Feeling calm, empowered, and in control, being able to make informed choices is what made all the difference to the experience of birth. She teaches the Katharine Graves Hypnobirthing (KGH) method.
KGH is a complete antenatal education which will provide you with all the information that you need about childbirth.
- Teacher: Corinne Lukomski
- Dates: 21st and 22nd March
- Time: 9.00-5.30pm
- Email Corinne
- Mobile: 07535 705 408
- Corinne’s website
Learn Systematic Kinesiology in beautiful Dorset
We offer the only Foundation Training course in Dorset certificated by The Academy of Systematic Kinesiology (https://kinesiology.co.uk/) and accredited by the Association of Systematic Kinesiology. This course is for those who want to:
- Massively improve their own health
- Help family and friends with their health
- Go on to train to become professional Systematic Kinesiologists
- Add muscle-testing and other kinesiology techniques to their existing therapy work
- Have fun learning about natural health with like-minded people
Systematic Kinesiology (SK) is a truly holistic natural therapy which uses easy-to-learn, non-invasive techniques to bring about balance in all four areas of health: structure, biochemistry, emotions and energy. The origins of SK lie in chiropractic and in Chinese medicine but the Foundation course is open to those with no previous health knowledge. The tutor, Jane Collison, is passionate about sharing her love of kinesiology and all aspects of natural health. She teaches this course in a small group of no more than 6 students, one weekend per month for six months.
See Jane’s website for more information and to book your unique opportunity to change your health and your life in 2019!
- Tutor: Jane Collison
- 14-15 March
- 18-19 April
- 16-17 May
- 13-14 June
- 11-12 July
- 8-9 August
- Cost: £1,295 – includes: 90 hours of classroom teaching, access to online resources and support, course manual, handouts, a magnet, tea, treats and more! Payment plan available: £395 deposit then instalments of £150 per weekend.
- Email Jane
- Mobile: 07961 184753
Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course with Jem Shackleford
A full 8 week course designed for people who wish to integrate mindfulness into their lives.
This course aims to help you take better care of yourself and get the most out of living. The majority of people completing the course report lasting benefits including:
- being better able to relax
- having more energy and enthusiasm for life
- improved self-confidence
- an increased ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations.
The aim of the programme is to learn new ways to handle challenging physical sensations, feelings, moods or social interactions. For more information please see the Mind how you go website.
This full course costs £180 and includes eight weekly 2 hour sessions, an all-day retreat, all course materials, pre-course telephone interview and supporting telephone calls/emails between sessions should you need to discuss elements of the course.
- Teacher: Jem Shackleford
- Time: Thursdays 7-9pm
- Dates: 10th 17th 24th September, 1st 8th 15th 22nd 29th October
- 18th October 10.30-4.00pm
- Cost: £180
- Email Jem
- Mobile: 07709 911 987
- Mind How you go website
Mother and Baby Yoga
This class runs continuously in 5 or 6 week courses. A small, friendly, supportive class where we do some stretching, breathing and relaxation to counteract the stresses and strains of motherhood, and some stretching, playing and singing with our babies. Babies are welcomed as babies, and are expected to cry, sleep, need cuddling, feeding and changing. Some of the benefits of attendance are:
- Flexibility (not only in body but in life!)
- Helping to realign and strengthen your body
- Addressing pelvic floor and abdominal issues
- Releasing shoulder and upper back tension (from feeding and carrying)
- Nourishing body and mind with much needed calm
- Plenty of hilarity and fun!
It is run in 5 or 6 week courses, and you can do as many courses as you like. (Please note this is a small class with limited places.)
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Time: 10:45am – 12.00pm
- Day: Thursdays
- Dates: February 27th, March 5th 12th 19th 26th, April 2nd 2020
- Cost: 6 week course £54.00
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742 821 937
Postpartum Pelvic Floor and Core Recovery
A course for old and new clients who have had a baby in the last year. This class is not just about exercise. What will it involve? Full health questionnaire, diastasis check (abdominal separation), what it means and how to support it, appropriate and functional exercise to support your daily life, pelvic floor health, alignment, breath awareness, post natal nutrition, massage techniques, relaxation and lifestyle. Online private facebook group with video support.
- Teacher; Kim Jones
- Time 11.00-12.00pm
- Dates: Tuesdays 3rd March to 7th April
- Cost: £48.00 for 6 week course
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reiki is Japanese for ‘Universal Life Force Energy’. It is an ancient healing art that teaches us to channel healing life force energy for ourselves, for others and for the planet. It helps us to realise the healing potential that lies within. Reiki calms the mind, ignites the spirit and puts us back in our natural rhythm of well-being.
Come and join Chrissie haskett for two quiet peaceful days of meditation, learning and the shring of food whilst you atre initiated into the ancient art of reiki healing
Reiki Level One
- Dates: Sundays: April 5th and May 3rd
- Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
For more information or to book a place:
- Mobile: 07341820716
- Email: email@example.com
Yoga Therapy For the Mind
Yoga therapy for stress, anxiety and depression
8 Week Course
The Yoga Therapy for the Mind 8-week course is an evidence-based program developed by Heather Mason of the Minded Institute. The course is a thorough investigation and journey into the body and the mind drawing on ancient yoga principles and mindfulness meditation techniques that are the foundation of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) one of the fastest growing new therapies for stress reduction.
This course combines yoga postures, breath work and mindfulness meditation which will allow you to experience and understand how these practices can work for you both in the short term and in the long term.
Through a deeper insight into the physiological and psychological aspects of stress, the 8-week course will give you a toolkit that you can use to obtain and maintain positive mental well-being. The yoga practice is specifically designed to re-balance the nervous system and to teach you how to regulate mood and emotions. You’ll be taught which postures are useful for energising and which are useful for bringing calm to your system. Additionally, through the poses, you will learn how to coexist equally with both comfortable and uncomfortable physical sensations through relaxation and working with the breath. By learning how to be with the variety of sensations in the body you simultaneously develop the ability to be with challenging emotions in a more grounded and gentle way. The course will visit new themes each week enabling you to explore your yoga practice through different perspectives, encouraging the exploration of mental patterns, perceptions, and habits that may keep you stuck in unfulfilling experiences of life.
Each segment of the course offers cumulative skills with each week’s theme building upon and developing the previous week’s learning. At the close of each session, there is a discussion period for you to talk about your experiences during class and how to use what you learn when facing the challenges of daily living.
While it’s helpful to be part of a group in a class, building community and learning together, homework practice is vital to your healing – this really is when the shifts start to take place. You’ll be given homework at the end of each class to practice daily along with reading material to support your learning. Homework practice is an important way of integrating yoga and mindfulness practice into your daily life.
- Asana practice with awareness 1 hour 15 minutes
- Pranayama 15-20 minutes
- Group Activity 15 minutes. The group activity serves to highlight the teaching related to that week. Activities come from either the mindfulness or yoga tradition
- Group Discussion 15 minutes. During the discussion, students can ask questions related to yoga and mindfulness, share insights, listen to others or choose to be silent. Everyone gets an opportunity to speak in an organised fashion.
- Explanation of daily home yoga therapy and mindfulness practice
- Course Materials included:A comprehensive manual to keep, Yoga Therapy and Mindfulness CDs to keep and support daily practice
All levels of yoga and meditation are welcome – you do not need to have practiced yoga or meditation before. Spaces are limited to a maximum of 6/7.
- Teacher: Toni Roberts
- NEW DATES:
Tuesdays: 4th, 11th, 25th February 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st March
- Cost: £240
- Email Toni to register your interest or to make a booking