- Baby Massage Course – Sharon Cox-Button
- Exploring Stillness – Marj Snape
- Kinesiology Course – Jane Collison
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Course – Jem Shackleford
- NCT – Claire Williams and Ellen Simon
- Postpartum Pelvic Floor and Core Recovery Course – Kim Jones
- Reiki – Chrissie Haskett
Baby Massage Course
Six week baby massage courses are suitable for all babies from birth to 1 year old and their parents or primary caregivers. Some of the benefits of attendance are:
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached and loved
- Enjoying focused time with your baby
- Developing your baby’s body awareness and coordination
- Stimulating your baby’s circulation, digestion and nervous system
- Socializing with other parents and babies in a welcoming and supportive environment
- Developing your baby’s social skills
- Learning to relax whilst having fun, and learning a life-long parenting skill
The course was developed by the International Association of Infant Massage; for more information about the IAIM please visit www.iaim.org.uk.
The classes are small and supportive, and the relaxed atmosphere includes time for informal discussion between parents. Please do not worry about class times coinciding with sleep or feeding times, babies are welcomed as babies, and are expected to cry, sleep, need cuddling, feeding and changing.
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Dates: to be announced
- Cost: £69.00
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742821937
We run regular NCT Birth Preparation classes with local teachers Claire Williams and Ellen Simon throughout the year. Please contact the National Organisation to book onto a course
This is a 5 week ‘Introduction to Meditation’ course. Marj has been practising Yoga for 30 years and teaching in the Dorchester and Weymouth areas for over 15 years. Marj trained with Derek Thorne and is a prominent member of the YogaLiving Community. She teaches meditation and Yoga in the Advaita Vedanta tradition . This is an ancient and authentic wisdom teaching which directs us to the oneness and truth underlying this whole experience. This is suitable for beginners, or people who wish to refresh their practice.
- Teacher: Marj Snape
- Time: 6.15-7.15pm
- Dates: new dates in the Autumn
- Cost: £35 for 5 weeks
- Email Marj
- Mobile: 07769 949 947
- Fordington Yoga website
Learn Systematic Kinesiology in beautiful Dorset
We offer the only Foundation Training course in Dorset certificated by The Academy of Systematic Kinesiology (https://kinesiology.co.uk/) and accredited by the Association of Systematic Kinesiology. This course is for those who want to:
- Massively improve their own health
- Help family and friends with their health
- Go on to train to become professional Systematic Kinesiologists
- Add muscle-testing and other kinesiology techniques to their existing therapy work
- Have fun learning about natural health with like-minded people
Systematic Kinesiology (SK) is a truly holistic natural therapy which uses easy-to-learn, non-invasive techniques to bring about balance in all four areas of health: structure, biochemistry, emotions and energy. The origins of SK lie in chiropractic and in Chinese medicine but the Foundation course is open to those with no previous health knowledge. The tutor, Jane Collison, is passionate about sharing her love of kinesiology and all aspects of natural health. She teaches this course in a small group of no more than 6 students, one weekend per month for six months.
See Jane’s website for more information and to book your unique opportunity to change your health and your life in 2019!
- Tutor: Jane Collison
- 14-15 March
- 18-19 April
- 16-17 May
- 13-14 June
- 11-12 July
- 8-9 August
- Cost: £1,295 – includes: 90 hours of classroom teaching, access to online resources and support, course manual, handouts, a magnet, tea, treats and more! Payment plan available: £395 deposit then instalments of £150 per weekend.
- Email Jane
- Mobile: 07961 184753
Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course with Jem Shackleford
A full 8 week course designed for people who wish to integrate mindfulness into their lives.
This course aims to help you take better care of yourself and get the most out of living. The majority of people completing the course report lasting benefits including:
- being better able to relax
- having more energy and enthusiasm for life
- improved self-confidence
- an increased ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations.
The aim of the programme is to learn new ways to handle challenging physical sensations, feelings, moods or social interactions. For more information please see the Mind how you go website.
This full course costs £180 and includes eight weekly 2 hour sessions, an all-day retreat, all course materials, pre-course telephone interview and supporting telephone calls/emails between sessions should you need to discuss elements of the course.
- Teacher: Jem Shackleford
- Time: Thursdays 7-9pm
- Dates: 10th 17th 24th September, 1st 8th 15th 22nd 29th October
- 18th October 10.30-4.00pm
- Cost: £180
- Email Jem
- Mobile: 07709 911 987
- Mind How you go website
Postpartum Pelvic Floor and Core Recovery
A course for old and new clients who have had a baby in the last year. This class is not just about exercise. What will it involve? Full health questionnaire, diastasis check (abdominal separation), what it means and how to support it, appropriate and functional exercise to support your daily life, pelvic floor health, alignment, breath awareness, post natal nutrition, massage techniques, relaxation and lifestyle. Online private facebook group with video support.
- Teacher; Kim Jones
- Time 11.00-12.00pm
- Dates: new dates to be announced
- Cost: £48.00 for 6 week course
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reiki is Japanese for ‘Universal Life Force Energy’. It is an ancient healing art that teaches us to channel healing life force energy for ourselves, for others and for the planet. It helps us to realise the healing potential that lies within. Reiki calms the mind, ignites the spirit and puts us back in our natural rhythm of well-being.
Come and join Chrissie haskett for two quiet peaceful days of meditation, learning and the shring of food whilst you atre initiated into the ancient art of reiki healing
Reiki Level One
- Dates: Sundays: April 5th and May 3rd
- Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
For more information or to book a place:
- Mobile: 07341820716
- Email: email@example.com