- Baby Massage Course – Sharon Cox-Button
- Exploring Stillness – Marj Snape
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Course – Jem Shackleford
- Vedic Chanting – Sarah Ryan
- Yoga Therapy for The Mind – Toni Roberts
Baby Massage Course
Six week baby massage courses are suitable for all babies from birth to 1 year old and their parents or primary caregivers. Some of the benefits of attendance are:
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached and loved
- Enjoying focused time with your baby
- Developing your baby’s body awareness and coordination
- Stimulating your baby’s circulation, digestion and nervous system
- Socializing with other parents and babies in a welcoming and supportive environment
- Developing your baby’s social skills
- Learning to relax whilst having fun, and learning a life-long parenting skill
The course was developed by the International Association of Infant Massage; for more information about the IAIM please visit www.iaim.org.uk.
The classes are small and supportive, and the relaxed atmosphere includes time for informal discussion between parents. Please do not worry about class times coinciding with sleep or feeding times, babies are welcomed as babies, and are expected to cry, sleep, need cuddling, feeding and changing.
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Time: Thursdays 1.30-2.45pm
- Dates: 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st January, 7th, 14th February 2019
- Cost: £69.00
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742821937
This is a 5 week ‘Introduction to Meditation’ course. Marj has been practising Yoga for 30 years and teaching in the Dorchester and Weymouth areas for over 15 years. Marj trained with Derek Thorne and is a prominent member of the YogaLiving Community. She teaches meditation and Yoga in the Advaita Vedanta tradition . This is an ancient and authentic wisdom teaching which directs us to the oneness and truth underlying this whole experience. This is suitable for beginners, or people who wish to refresh their practice.
- Teacher: Marj Snape
- Time: 6.15-7.15pm
- Dates: New dates in February
- Cost: £35 for 5 weeks
- Email Marj
- Mobile: 07769 949 947
- Fordington Yoga website
Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course with Jem Shackleford
A full 8 week course designed for people who wish to integrate mindfulness into their lives.
This course aims to help you take better care of yourself and get the most out of living. The majority of people completing the course report lasting benefits including:
- being better able to relax
- having more energy and enthusiasm for life
- improved self-confidence
- an increased ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations.
The aim of the programme is to learn new ways to handle challenging physical sensations, feelings, moods or social interactions. For more information please see the Mind how you go website.
This full course costs £180 and includes eight weekly 2 hour sessions, an all-day retreat, all course materials, pre-course telephone interview and supporting telephone calls/emails between sessions should you need to discuss elements of the course.
- Teacher: Jem Shackleford
- Time: Saturdays 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Dates: 12th 19th 26th January, 2nd 9th 16th 23rd February, 9th March 2019
- All day Retreat: 17th Feb 10.30-4.00pm
- Cost: £180
- Email Jem
- Mobile: 07709 911 987
- Mind How you go website
Chanting from the Veda-s is the most wonderful thing to do. The sound takes us to silence, the silence of the heart. It is a meditative discipline – indeed, the renowned yogi T. Krishnamacharya used to say that it was the most suitable meditation for people in this distracted age. It makes us feel calmer but also stronger, more joyful and more positive. The Veda-s are the great teachings on which all the classical Indian philosophies, including yoga, were based. When we chant them, we connect not only with our own heart, but also with people going back over thousands of years, as well as with the ideas behind yoga. You will learn simple chants and mantras that you will be able to use for the rest of your life.
This course will be suitable for complete beginners and for those who have tried chanting before and want to learn it more systematically. You don’t have to be able to sing – we only use three notes.
- Teacher: Sarah Ryan
- Time: Sundays 10.00-12.30pm
- Dates:Feb 3, Mar 3, April 7, May 5, June 9 and July 14
- Cost: Cost: £150 for all 6 sessions, plus about £26 for the two books we shall use.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01258 839230
Yoga Therapy For the Mind
Yoga therapy for stress, anxiety & depression
8 Week Course
The Yoga Therapy for the Mind 8-week course is an evidence-based program developed by Heather Mason of the Minded Institute. The course is a thorough investigation and journey into the body and the mind drawing on ancient yoga principles and mindfulness meditation techniques that are the foundation of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) one of the fastest growing new therapies for stress reduction. This course combines yoga postures, breath work and mindfulness meditation which will allow you to experience and understand how these practices can work for you both in the short term and in the long term.
Each segment of the course offers cumulative skills with each week’s theme building upon and developing the previous week’s learning. At the close of each session, there is a discussion period for you to talk about your experiences during class and how to use what you learn when facing the challenges of daily living.
Whilst it’s helpful to be part of a group in a class, building community and learning together, homework practice is vital to your healing – this really is when the shifts start to take place. You’ll be given homework at the end of each class to practice daily along with reading material to support your learning. Homework practice is an important way of integrating yoga and mindfulness practice into your daily life.
- Asana practice with awareness 1 hour 15 minutes
- Pranayama 15-20 minutes
- Group Activity 15 minutes. The group activity serves to highlight the teaching related to that week. Activities come from either the mindfulness or yoga tradition
- Group Discussion 15 minutes. During the discussion, students can ask questions related to yoga and mindfulness, share insights, listen to others or choose to be silent. Everyone gets an opportunity to speak in an organised fashion.
- Explanation of daily home yoga therapy and mindfulness practice
- Course Materials included: A comprehensive manual to keep, Yoga Therapy and Mindfulness CD’s to keep and support daily practice
All levels of yoga and meditation are welcome – you do not need to have practiced yoga or meditation before. Spaces are limited to a maximum of 6/7.
- Teacher: Toni Roberts
- Dates 26th February, 5th 12th 19th 26th 2nd 9th 16th April 2019
- Time: Tuesdays 6.30-8.30pm
- Cost: £210 Early Bird* – £240 thereafter. *Early Bird ends 31 January
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest or to make a booking