Coronavirus Guidance – updated 26/8/20
Please contact the workshop teacher for bookings and further information – their details are listed in the course information:
- Autumn Yin Yoga – Chrissie Haskett (6th December)
- Baby Massage Course – Sharon Cox-Button
- Gong Sound Bath – Arianna Puran Udini (5th December)
- Kinesiology Diploma Course – Jane Collison (starting March 2021)
- Lift off – Arm Balancing Fundementals – Victoria Boast (19th December))
- Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra – Sharon Cox-Button (6th December)
- Returning To The Balance – Shakti Dance – Magdalena Atkinson (13th December)
- Saturday Soundbath Meditation – Sacred Healing Tones and Healing UK (12th December)
Autumn Yin Yoga
Treat your body, mind and spirit to a morning of Yin Yoga focusing on balancing and supporting your energy during the autumn season. After the heat and bloom of summer, autumn is the time of harvest and gathering in preparation for the cold, short days of winter. So, it is for us, too, we are slowing down and turning inward. Focusing on passive, long held, floor based poses, together with a mindful awareness of the breath, we will nurture the energy of the Metal Element, the Element of autumn in Traditional Chinese Medicine and its related meridians, the Lung and Large Intestine. We will also continue to explore ways of boosting and supporting the immune system. We will end the session with a long relaxation to the sound of crystal singing bowls.
- Teacher : Chrissie Haskett
- Date: 6th December
- Cost: £20.00 (Please book in advance)
- Mobile: 07341 820716
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Baby Massage Course
Six week baby massage courses are suitable for all babies from birth to 1 year old and their parents or primary caregivers. Some of the benefits of attendance are:
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached and loved
- Enjoying focused time with your baby
- Developing your baby’s body awareness and coordination
- Stimulating your baby’s circulation, digestion and nervous system
- Socializing with other parents and babies in a welcoming and supportive environment
- Developing your baby’s social skills
- Learning to relax whilst having fun, and learning a life-long parenting skill
The course was developed by the International Association of Infant Massage; for more information about the IAIM please visit www.iaim.org.uk.
The classes are small and supportive, and the relaxed atmosphere includes time for informal discussion between parents. Please do not worry about class times coinciding with sleep or feeding times, babies are welcomed as babies, and are expected to cry, sleep, need cuddling, feeding and changing.
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Time: 1.00-2.15pm
- Dates: January 2021 coming soon!
- Cost: £69.00
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742821937
Gong Sound Bath
The Gong is a sacred and ancient instrument which has been used for thousands of years for deep healing, rejuvenation and transformation. Physically, the resonance produced releases tension and blocks in the body, stimulates the glandular system and helps balance the nervous system. Mentally, the sound of the Gong helps clean out the subconscious mind, rewriting old patterns, slows down brain waves, and aids in reaching Shuniya – a place of stillness within ourselves where we can access our innate wisdom. Playing the Gong after Kundalini Yoga is especially beneficial as the body is even more receptive to the healing vibrations it carries. The whole cellular system can be regenerated at a very deep level which can be profoundly restorative, a perfect antidote to today’s stressful lifestyles. “The Gong is the first and last instrument for the human mind, there is only one thing that can supersede and command the human mind, the sound of the Gong. It is the first sound in the universe, the sound that created this universe. It’s the basic creative sound. To the mind, the sound of the gong is like a mother and father that gave it birth. The mind has no power to resist a gong that is well played.” Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga During the session, we will practise a simple Kriya to stretch, energise and prepare the body, followed by a meditation to clear and quieten the mind. There will be a short relaxation then the Gong will be played. You should wear loose, comfortable clothing which is easy to move and stretch in, and bring water to drink. Mats and blankets will be supplied. Please note that Gong baths are not recommended during pregnancy.
- Teacher: Arianna Puran Udini
- Time: 10:00 – 11:30am
- Date: Saturday 5th December
- Price: £12.00
- Mobile: 07790 506 821
- Email Arianna
Kinesiology Diploma Course
For students who have passed the foundation level of training, the diploma course is the final step to becoming a qualified Kinesiologist. This course is accredited and verified by the Kinesiology Association and delivers high-quality vocational training incorporating best practice and the current National Occupational Standards (KNOS) in Kinesiology.
- 12 weekends (or 24 full days) of classroom training
- Access to your tutor for support between weekends
- 270-page comprehensive colour manual and additional handouts to supplement techniques
- Student log book
- An online training platform of further resources
- Fees for a final multiple choice exam
- Fees for a practical assessment from a trained assessor (not your tutor)
- Associate level membership of the Kinesiology Association for 12 months
Course dates: 27-28 Mar 2021 , 17-18 Apr , 22-23 May , 26-27 Jun , 24-25 Jul , 21-22 Aug , 18-19 Sep , 16-17 Oct , 13-14 Nov , 11-12 Dec , 15-16 Jan 2022.
Lift Off – Arm Balancing Fundementals
Learn to defy gravity and lift-off with this weekend workshop focusing on the foundations of
Victoria from sìdà yoga will break down the basics and help you to discover your true
strength for balancing on your hands.
In this two hour session, we will be looking at how to protect and strengthen your wrists,
warming up the body to prepare for arm balances and how we can modify postures to make
them more accessible.
Arm balancing postures help us to overcome fear as well as build strength, trust and focus.
Develop your understanding of alignment and the right techniques to take flight and find
stability and above all, have fun.
Whether you are new to arm balancing or a seasoned practitioner, this workshop will take
your skills to new heights.
Please inform Victoria beforehand of any injuries or health concerns if you wish to
For this workshop you will need two blocks.
Booking required as spaces are limited.
- Teacher: Victoria Boast
- Date: Saturday 19th December
- Time: 10am-12pm
- Cost: £24.00
- Book online: https://www.sidayoga.com/shop/
Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
Nurture yourself using Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra. Through passive and supported stretching using bolsters, blocks, chairs and blankets the body is given time to unwind, the breath to slow and the mind to become present. This will be followed by the practice of yoga nidra, a systematic method of inducing complete mental, emotional and physical relaxation with body scan and breath awareness. Suitable for all and particular if you are very tired, stressed or recovering from illness. This extended class will finish with tea and delicious, healthy cake from Feed the Soul.
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Sundays :
- December 6th 1.30-4.00pm
- Sundays :
- Cost: £28
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742 821 937
Returning To The Balance – Shakti Dance
Shakti Dance is an invitation to look inside yourself and see how to become more creative – in your movements and thoughts – to be in tune with the desires of your soul. Let your body discover how good it feels to be fully awake, filled with this creative energy! Let’s dance in gratitude for being alive, for the rich harvest and nature’s care. May we remember who we are, Divine Sparks learning to be more aware our ourselves.
Being aware of the Turning of the Wheel of the seasons, may we dare to nurture our inner light while descending into the darker time of the year. Shakti Dance is a practice inspired by the wisdom of yoga, combining the awareness of your body, mind and spirit. It uses yoga postures (asanas), different dance styles and free movement. On an energetic level, Shakti Dance helps to develop your intuition, to release blocks in your energy system and to experience mystical states.
My Shakti Dance workshops are enriched by my music, singing and playing different instruments (guitar, dulcimer, drums). I also combine them with shamanism, astrology, I-Ching and personal development, taking you on a very special and personal spiritual journey.
- Teacher: Magdalena Atkinson
- Date: Sunday 13th December
- Time: 11.00am – 1.00pm
- Cost: £18 – generosity ticket, enabling a discount for a person on low income
£15 – normal fee
£10 – a discount for people on limited or low income
- Tickets on line at www.magdalenaatkinson.co.uk
Saturday Soundbath Meditation
Come and join Rebecca for a transformational experience with cosmic gongs and crystal tone sound healing bowls with an variety of other sacred healing instruments for a cosmic journey through different soundscapes to take you deep into your own conscious exploration experience.
Rest your eyes and drift into the blissful cocoon created by the wave of harmonics from the gongs, Himalayan & crystal bowls & chimes,
- 32″ Symphonic gong
- 32” Chau Gong
- 30” Sun Gong
Listen to a wide spectrum of Pure Quartz Crystal Singing bowls, Tibetan bowls
and experience a Guided meditation.
Everything you see is in a state of vibration, including us and we are constantly influenced by heard and unheard sound frequencies.
Sound has the capability to affect how we feel and heal here are just a few reasons why a sound bath will be good for you
- Heals your body by reducing stress and anxiety. …
- Impacts the human nervous system and decreases blood pressure. …
- Helps tune out your thoughts and tune in your meditation. …
- Allows you to open up and reconnect with yourself . …
- Makes you more relaxed, balanced, and focused.
I’d like to give you this opportunity to take advantage of bringing along someone special at an investment of £25 per couple. (Usually £15pp)
- Teacher Bex Leonard ( Sacred Crystal Tones and Healing UK)
- Saturday 12th
- Friday 11th candlelit Soundbath
- Saturday 19th
- Cost : £15.00 payable in advance
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/733769917184408/
- Mobile: 07341828482