- Autumn Yin Yoga – Chrissie Haskett
- From Fear To Faith- Kundalini Yoga and Shakti Dance – Preet Kaur and Magdalena Atkinson
- Gong Bath – Arianna Moretti
- Honouring The Winter Solstice – Sian Lalita Alcock
- Holistic Yoga Workshop – Duncan Hulin
- Kinesiology Course – Jane Collison
- Massage With A Partner – Jane Collison
- Mini First Aid – Sue Fisher
- Iyengar Yoga Workshop – Cheree Low
- Reiki Share
- Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra – Sharon Cox-Button
- Runners Workshop – Kim Jones
- Sound Space Meditation – Chrissy Foster
- The Art Of Deep Self Care – Sian Lalita Alcock
- The Power of Singing, Music and Colour Vibrations – Michelle Nova
- The Chakras – Jez Culley
- Yin and Sounds Immersion – Dominique Preston and Kate Alpe
Autumn Yin Yoga
Treat your body, mind and spirit to an afternoon of Yin Yoga focusing on balancing and supporting your energy during the autumn season. After the heat and bloom of summer, autumn is the time of harvest and gathering in preparation for the cold, short days of winter. So it is for us, we are slowing down and turning inward. Focusing on passive, long held, floor based poses, together a mindful awareness of the breath, we will nurture the energy of the Metal Element, the Element of autumn in Traditional Chinese Medicine and its related meridians, the Lung and Large Intestine. We will end the session with a long relaxation to the sound of crystal singing bowls.
- Teacher: Chrissie Haskett
- Date: Sunday October 13th
- Time: 2-4pm
- Cost: £15 in advance
- Mobile:07341 820716
From Fear To Faith
Kundalini Yoga and Shakti Dance
We welcome you all to join us for a day of Kundalini Yoga, Shakti Dance, Sound Healing, Gong Bath and Sacred Songs. We create a safe and sacred space for you to let go of fears, receive, soften into your heart, rest deeply, build a relationship to faith and allow all that we are destined for to unfold with grace.There will be a shared lunch, please bring a palce to share.
- Teachers: Preet Kaur and Magdalena Atkinson
- Date: Sunday 13th October
- Cost: £60.00
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: Magdalena 07796 656869 or Preet 07704 636647
The Gong is a sacred and ancient instrument which has been used for thousands of years for deep healing, rejuvenation and transformation.
Physically, the resonance produced releases tension and blocks in the body, stimulates the glandular system and helps balance the nervous system. Mentally, the sound of the Gong helps clean out the subconscious mind, rewriting old patterns, slows down brain waves, and aids in reaching Shuniya – a place of stillness within ourselves where we can access our innate wisdom.
Playing the Gong after Kundalini Yoga is especially beneficial as the body is even more receptive to the healing vibrations it carries. The whole cellular system can be regenerated at a very deep level which can be profoundly restorative, a perfect antidote to today’s stressful lifestyles.
“The Gong is the first and last instrument for the human mind, there is only one thing that can supersede and command the human mind, the sound of the Gong. It is the first sound in the universe, the sound that created this universe. It’s the basic creative sound. To the mind, the sound of the gong is like a mother and father that gave it birth. The mind has no power to resist a gong that is well played.” Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga
During the session, we will practise a simple Kriya to stretch, energise and prepare the body, followed by a meditation to clear and quieten the mind. There will be a short relaxation then the Gong will be played.
You should wear loose, comfortable clothing which is easy to move and stretch in, and bring water to drink. Mats and blankets will be supplied. Please note that Gong baths are not recommended during pregnancy.
- Teacher: Puran Udini Kaur/Arianna (see Teachers page)
- Time: 11.00-1.00pm
- Date: Saturday 21st September
- Price: £12.00
- Mobile: 07790 506 821
- Email Arianna
- Kundaliin and The Gong
Honouring The Winter Soltice
This Winter Solstice is a time when the sun stands still and we teeter on the brink of a new year, from darkness into a gradually awakening light as we welcome in the slow return of the sun and lengthening days. While still deep in the quiet of our personal hibernations, embracing the teachings that come from our natural world, we come together to honour our journey of the year and plant into our consciousness the seeds that will gradually emerge and bear fruit for the new year ahead. This process is supported with various practices including Yoga, Nidra, Free movement, Music, Reflection, Life Coaching and Meditation. A welcome opportunity to take a breather from all the busy-ness of the season and connect with our deeper selves as we give thanks for all the gifts we have received, let go and open our hearts to receive the blessings of what is to come.
- Teacher: Sian Lalita Alcock
- Date: Saturday 21st December 2019
- Time: 10:00am – 1:00 pm
- Cost: £30.00
- Pre-booking essential
- Email Sian
- Mobile: 07527 052 273
Holistic Yoga Workshop
We are very pleased to have Duncan Hulin from the Devon School of Yoga back again offering a day of Holistic Yoga including breath only kriyas, asana, savasana, satsang, and other miscellaneous practices and pranayama. This will be popular so please book early.
- Date: 8th December
- Cost: £45.00 (booking essientail)
- Mobile: 07742821937
- Email: email@example.com
Learn Systematic Kinesiology in beautiful Dorset
We offer the only Foundation Training course in Dorset certificated by The Academy of Systematic Kinesiology and accredited by the Association of Systematic Kinesiology. This course is for those who want to:
- Massively improve their own health
- Help family and friends with their health
- Go on to train to become professional Systematic Kinesiologists
- Add muscle-testing and other kinesiology techniques to their existing therapy work
- Have fun learning about natural health with like-minded people
Systematic Kinesiology (SK) is a truly holistic natural therapy which uses easy-to-learn, non-invasive techniques to bring about balance in all four areas of health: structure, biochemistry, emotions and energy. The origins of SK lie in chiropractic and in Chinese medicine but the Foundation course is open to those with no previous health knowledge. The tutor, Jane Collison, is passionate about sharing her love of kinesiology and all aspects of natural health. She teaches this course in a small group of no more than 6 students, one weekend per month for six months.
Look at Jane’s website for more information and to book your unique opportunity to change your health and your life in 2019!
- Tutor: Jane Collison
- Dates: 21-22 September, 19-20 October, 16-17 November, 14-15 December, 11-12 January 2020, 8-9 February (9:30am – 5:00pm each day)
- Cost: £1,295 which includes: 90 hours of classroom teaching, access to online resources and support, course manual, handouts, a magnet, tea, treats and more! Payment plan available: £395 deposit then instalments of £150 per weekend.
- Email Jane
- Mobile: 07961 184753
Massage With A Partner
Learn how to give and receive beautiful therapeutic massage at home.How to prepare …
which oils to use …how to massage safely and effectively. Bring a friend or family member and enjoy quality time together sharing therapeutic touch.
- Teacher: Jane Collison
- Date: Next date coming soon
- Cost: £30 per person
- Mobile:07961 184753
- Email Jane
Mini First Aid
Mini First Aid Dorset and Somerset offers 2 hour baby and toddler first aid classes for small groups of parents and carers. Classes are informal, but informative and cover
- Basic life support
- dealing with burns, breaks and bumps
- Febrile seizures
- Meningitis awareness
For more information or to book onto a course please visit the Mini First Aid website
- Teacher: Sue Fisher (see teachers page)
- Date: 18th September
- Time: 10.00am – 12:00pm
- Cost: £20.00 per person
- Mini First Aid website
- Mobile: 07890 400 461
Iyengar Yoga Workshop with Cheree Low
Improving Yoga Asanas through Awareness of Action and Alignment
A Junior Intermediate Level 3 certified Iyengar yoga teacher, Cheree has practised yoga since 2001. She began her studies in the United States, studying under Senior Iyengar teachers George Purvis, Mary Obendorfer and Eddy Marks. She continues her studies in England with Senior teacher Mary Heath. She has also had the pleasure of studying under Dr Geeta Iyengar at the Reflection Iyengar Yoga convention in 2010 and Abhijata Sridhar Iyengar at the IY(UK) Convention in 2014.
Cheree Low’s teaching is characterised by her enthusiasm and humour, encouraging students to refine their practice to develop awareness and intelligence in the mind and body. Her classes are dynamic and precise, while sensitive to the needs of all students.
Cheree has Bachelors and Masters degrees in Music. In addition to her yoga practice, Cheree enjoys spending time with her husband Matt & daughter Evelene, teaching saxophone and reading science-fiction and fantasy.
- Teacher: Cheree Low
- Dates: Saturday 14th September 10:00am – 1:00pm, Saturday 26th October 2.00-5.00pm, Saturday 23rd November 1-4pm
- Cost: £20.00
- Email Sharon for more information
- Mobile: 07742 821 937
Our monthly Reiki Share evenings will be lead by different Reiki Masters throughout the year. These monthly evenings will include meditation and group Reiki healing sessions, and will be individual to the leader that takes it . All that come will get to give and receive Reiki. Existing Reiki channels and newcomers welcome. Please text /email so we know you are coming.
- Cost: £7
- July. – no Reiki share in July
- August 22nd 6.30-8.30pm – Annabel Fox
- September 27th 6.30-8.00pm – Chrissie Haskett
- October 25th 6.30-8.00pm – Karen Giles
- November 28th 6.30-8.30pm – Annabel Fox
Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
Nurture yourself using Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra. Through passive and supported stretching using bolsters, blocks, chairs and blankets the body is given time to unwind, the breath to slow and the mind to become present. This will be followed by the practice of yoga nidra, a systematic method of inducing complete mental, emotional and physical relaxation with body scan and breath awareness. Suitable for all and particular if you are very tired, stressed or recovering from illness. This extended class will finish with tea and delicious, healthy cake from Feed the Soul.
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Time: Sundays 1.30-4.00pm
- Dates: 6th October, 3rd November, 1st December, 5th January, 2nd February
- Time: Thursdays 7.00-9.30pm
- Dates 21st November,
- Cost: £28
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742 821 937
This class caters to runners/ athletes and anyone who thinks they’re “too stiff to do yoga.” Emphasis is on opening the hips, hamstrings and lower body, building core strength, optimizing breathing and establishing balance. Yoga is a great supplement to any well-rounded workout. Increase your energy, build strength (in body & mind) and meet fellow runners from the local area.
- Teacher: Kim Jones
- Date: new date coming soon!
- Time: 2.30-4.00pm
- Cost: £10.00
- Mobile: 07990 501207
- Email Kim
Sound Space Meditation
Welcome to sound space meditation where you will be guided through deep breathing with beautiful hand pan music to drift off and relax to, as we work with the different elements of the earth.
You will experience the amazing chakra tubes that clean the energy points of the body and in each session we will work with different chakras to unblock any thoughts or energy in that area.
Sound journeys using gongs, tubes, rain sticks, drone flutes and hand pans will take you off into another world,
I will do a guided mediation to trust and realise your voice and you will be invited to inner chant with me using sounds and vowels if you wish too.
Please wear loose clothing, bring blankets and small pillows to make your self comfy,
- Teacher: Chrissy Foster
- Day: Wednesdays
- Time: 12.30-2.00pm
- Dates: (No class July and August) 18th September, 16th October, 13th November, 11th December 2019
- Cost: £12.00 or £10.00 concessions
- Email Chrissy
- Mobile: 07840 976 584
The Art Of Deep Self Care
Do You need some space, time, energy and nurturing?
This workshop aims to support you in exploring, creating and sustaining true well being in your life with Yoga, Life coaching, Healing, Music, Deep Relaxation and Meditation.
- Teacher: Sian Lalita’ Alcock
- Dates: Saturday 21st September, 26th October, 16th November 2019
- Time: 2:00 – 5:00pm
- Cost: £30.00 (Concessions available on request)
- Email Sian
- Mobile: 07527 052 273
A series of monthly workshops exploring one chakra each session. The practice will include specific yoga asanas, pranayama, bija mantra, mudra, and discussion and visualisation of the colour, shape, location and related issues to each chakra.
You are welcome to attend individual sessions or block book all seven workshops for a discounted price. £25 per workshop or £140 for all seven workshops 🙏
Chakras are vital energy centres which relate to and affect the body, mind and emotions. When they work well our energy flows and we feel balanced, centred and at peace with ourselves. This is a key part of our overall holistic health.
- Teacher: Jez Culley
- Dates: 29th June (Root), 20th July (Sacral) , 31st August (Solar Plexus), 28th September (Heart), 26th October (Throat), 23rd November (Brow), 14th December (Crown)
- Time: All workshops are 10:00am – 12:30pm except 26th October which is 11:00am – 1:30pm
- Cost: £25 per workshop or £140 for all seven workshops
- Email Jez
- Mobile: 07580 169 622
The Power of Singing, Music & Colour Vibrations
Healing through singing and colour was documented thousands of years ago. The Egyptians used coloured crystals in a large healing room, utilizing the position of the sun to direct the crystal colour vibrations on to the body for healing. They also used voice vibrations for healing. Pythagoras prescribed music for all ailments and discovered the colours corresponding to each note. Goethe also used music as healing and the Sufi Indians call singing ‘The Divine Art’.
All this has been hidden and kept a secret for thousands of years but now everyone is opening up to the realization that these elements are powerful and need to be used as the medicine of the future.
You don’t have to be a singer to be able to use these vibrations.
- Sound, singing & colour vibrations and their effect on our health & wellbeing
- Working with special needs, mental and physical disabilities.
- Create your own vocal cymatic form (sound made visible)
- Resonant Singing & breathing exercises for good health
- Singing together and experience the power of your voice!
- Feel in tune and in colour – Not out of tune and off colour
Michelle Nova initially trained as a nurse but soon realised that her life long passion for music and singing was the true path she wanted to follow. She has been teaching singing for over 25yrs and has focused on Bel Canto technique for the past 20yrs. Michelle has always questioned the power of singing, music and colour vibrations and resonance for health and has carried out her own research into how it effects the body and mind working with adults and children with learning difficulties, special needs, mental and physical disabilities on a 1-1 basis and general health, with very positive results. She has also researched with Dr. Olga Galkina www.thegalkinalab.co.
Yin and Sounds Immersion
- Teachers: Dominique Preston and Kate Alpe
- Time: 2.00-5.00pm
- Date: Saturday October 12th
- Cost: £30.00
- Email:firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
This afternoon practice will be dedicated to slowing down, turning inward and getting grounded as you drop deep into yin fascial yoga; a wonderful combination of traditional yin yoga, myofascia release, fluid movement and mindfulness.
Similar to a traditional yin yoga practice we’ll be gently stretching and accessing the deeper parts of the body with long held yin postures, as well as working with myofascia release techniques, movement practices with some lovely undulating, spiraling and free, fluid movement to help encourage the unraveling of tension and tightness in the muscle and fascia throughout the body as well as stimulating and releasing energetic blockages held within the energetic pathways.
This will be a slow & mindful practice with the intention of staying connected to breath and body; a complete practice that will leave you feeling mentally and physically relaxed, rested and ready for the week ahead.
- Teacher: Dominique Preston
- Date: next date coming soon!
- Time: 2:00 – 5:00pm
- Cost: £25.00
- Email Dominique
- Mobile: 07971 206 491