Coronavirus Guidance – updated 17/5/2021
Please contact the workshop teacher for bookings and further information – their details are listed in the course information:
- Baby Massage Course – Sharon Cox-Button (10th June)
- Babyslings/carriers – learn to use them – West Dorset Slings
- Beyond Recuperation – Mindfully Creating a New Future – Jem Shackleford (starting 24th June)
- Gong Sound Bath – Arianna Puran Udini (24th July))
- Kinesiology Diploma Course – Jane Collison (starting May 2021)
- Mini First Aid – Sue Fisher (26th July)
- Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra – Sharon Cox-Button
- Restorative Yoga For Deep Rest – (11th July) Tracey Boast
- Saturday Soundbath Meditation – Sacred Healing Tones and Healing UK (26th June)
- YIn Fascial Yoga: Roll and Release Immersion – Dominique Preston
Baby Massage Course
Six week baby massage courses are suitable for all babies from birth to 1 year old and their parents or primary caregivers. Some of the benefits of attendance are:
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached and loved
- Enjoying focused time with your baby
- Developing your baby’s body awareness and coordination
- Stimulating your baby’s circulation, digestion and nervous system
- Socializing with other parents and babies in a welcoming and supportive environment
- Developing your baby’s social skills
- Learning to relax whilst having fun, and learning a life-long parenting skill
The course was developed by the International Association of Infant Massage; for more information about the IAIM please visit www.iaim.org.uk.
The classes are small and supportive, and the relaxed atmosphere includes time for informal discussion between parents. Please do not worry about class times coinciding with sleep or feeding times, babies are welcomed as babies, and are expected to cry, sleep, need cuddling, feeding and changing.
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Time: Thursdays 12.00-1.15pm
- Dates: 10th 17th 24th June, 1st, 8th, 15th July
- Cost: £69.00
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742821937
Baby slings/carriers – learn how to use them
West Dorset Slings at The Yoga Centre! This session is open to all – with Antenatal teacher and Babywearing consultant, Mary-Clare Buckle – from West Dorset Slings
We look at sling safety, all the different types of carrier available and learn how to tie them. We have a large selection of new and ‘pre-loved’ slings available to buy or hire in all styles and sizes and the expertise to find the right sling for you. Workshop cost £7 per couple (free if you buy from us on the day)
- Teacher: Mary-Clare Buckle
- Date: June 30th
- Time: 6.00-7.30pm
- Cost: £7
- https://www.facebook.com/westdorsetslings Message Mary-Clare to book or click ‘going’ on the event here https://tinyurl.com/zwbeh6m
Beyond Recuperation- Mindfully Creating a New Future
This last year has been difficult. One great mindfulness teacher, Christina Feldman, describes what we have lived through as a ‘Landscape of Loss.’ As we slowly emerge from this landscape and begin to restart our lives, we have an opportunity to reshape how we are and respond to the world around us. This course will follow an adapted 8-week mindfulness course format. It will explore ways of being with our own experience with acceptance and patience and also bring in an additional dimension of cultivating a more compassionate and balanced quality to our attention. By doing so, it is hoped to be able to recuperate from the past year, with all its difficulties, and face what the world has in store for us with a sense of renewal and resolve.
It is suitable for beginners and experienced meditators alike. If you already have a practice, this course will help you develop generous qualities of attention by building in a more equanimous approach. If you have never practised mindfulness before, you will learn how to explore the present moment with kindness and curiosity. For everyone, throughout the course there will be an emphasis on restoration and rejuvenation.
The cost is on a sliding scale with £220 as the standard fee. There is a subsidised fee for those who are unemployed, low-wage furloughed and NHS key workers of £120 and a supporters’ fee for those who are able to support someone of £290. If you are unable to pay anything, please contact Jem at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teacher: Jem Shackleford
- Dates: 24th June – 19th August
- Day: Thursdays 7.00-9.00pm
- All day retreat, Sunday 8th August
- Cost: see paragraph above
- Bookings: online registration form
- For more information please contact Jem at email@example.com.
Gong Sound Bath
- Teacher: Arianna Puran Udini
- Time: 10:30 – 12.00pm
- Date: 24th July
- Price: £15.00
- Mobile: 07790 506 821
- Email Arianna
Kinesiology Diploma Course
For students who have passed the foundation level of training, the diploma course is the final step to becoming a qualified Kinesiologist. This course is accredited and verified by the Kinesiology Association and delivers high-quality vocational training incorporating best practice and the current National Occupational Standards (KNOS) in Kinesiology.
- 12 weekends (or 24 full days) of classroom training
- Access to your tutor for support between weekends
- 270-page comprehensive colour manual and additional handouts to supplement techniques
- Student log book
- An online training platform of further resources
- Fees for a final multiple choice exam
- Fees for a practical assessment from a trained assessor (not your tutor)
- Associate level membership of the Kinesiology Association for 12 months
Course dates: 17th/18th April, 22nd/23rd May, 26th/27th June, 24th/25th July, 21st/22nd August, 18th/19th September, 16th/17th October, 13th/14th November, 11th/12th December, 15th/16th January 2022, 12th/13th February 2022, 12th/13th March 2022
- Teacher: Jane Collison
- Time: 9.30am-5pm each day
- Cost: £4,450
- Email:Email Jane
- Equilibre Health website
Mini First Aid
Award Winning Baby & Child first aid class for parents and carers.
The 2 hour class covers CPR, choking, bumps, burns, breaks, bleeding, febrile seizures & meningitis awareness.
- Teacher : Sue Fisher
- Monday 26th July
- Time: 10.00-12.00pm
- Cost: £20.00
We run regular NCT Birth Preparation classes with local teachers Claire Williams and Ellen Simon throughout the year. Please contact the National Organisation to book onto a course
Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
Nurture yourself using Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra. Through passive and supported stretching using bolsters, blocks, chairs and blankets the body is given time to unwind, the breath to slow and the mind to become present. This will be followed by the practice of yoga nidra, a systematic method of inducing complete mental, emotional and physical relaxation with body scan and breath awareness. Suitable for all and particular if you are very tired, stressed or recovering from illness. This extended class will finish with tea and delicious, healthy cake from Feed the Soul.
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Dates: new dates to be announced in the Autumn
- Cost: £28
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742 821 937
Restorative Yoga For Deep Rest
This monthly Restorative Yoga class is a practise of deliberate stillness for deep
conscious rest. This will reset the nervous system, reduce muscular tension, clear the
mind and create space for the natural breath.
You are invited in this nourishing practise of true self care to rest in long held postures,
fully supported with props.
This form of yoga practise offers the opportunity to find deep and nourishing rest, reduce
feelings of stress and anxiety and leave you feeling truly restored, rebalanced and re-
- Teacher: Tracey Boast
- Dates: Sunday 11th July
- Cost: £20 advanced booking
- Mobile: 07792150811
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday Soundbath Meditation
Come and join Rebecca for a transformational experience with cosmic gongs and crystal tone sound healing bowls with an variety of other sacred healing instruments for a cosmic journey through different soundscapes to take you deep into your own conscious exploration experience.
Rest your eyes and drift into the blissful cocoon created by the wave of harmonics from the gongs, Himalayan & crystal bowls & chimes,
- 32″ Symphonic gong
- 32” Chau Gong
- 30” Sun Gong
Listen to a wide spectrum of Pure Quartz Crystal Singing bowls, Tibetan bowls
and experience a Guided meditation.
Everything you see is in a state of vibration, including us and we are constantly influenced by heard and unheard sound frequencies.
Sound has the capability to affect how we feel and heal here are just a few reasons why a sound bath will be good for you
- Heals your body by reducing stress and anxiety. …
- Impacts the human nervous system and decreases blood pressure. …
- Helps tune out your thoughts and tune in your meditation. …
- Allows you to open up and reconnect with yourself . …
- Makes you more relaxed, balanced, and focused.
I’d like to give you this opportunity to take advantage of bringing along someone special at an investment of £25 per couple. (Usually £15pp)
- Teacher Bex Leonard ( Sacred Crystal Tones and Healing UK)
- Saturday 12th June
- Time: 2:30 – 3:45pm
- Saturday 26th June
- Time: 5:30 – 6:45pm
- Saturday 12th June
- Cost : £15.00 payable in advance
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/733769917184408/
- Mobile: 07341828482
Yin Facial Yoga: Roll and Release Immersion:
Dorchester Yogis, I am back in town for the afternoon of 25th July and I cannot wait to see you. Please come and join me for a Yin Fascial Yoga: Roll & Release Immersion. You will be my first In Real Life yoga immersion in over a year and I am very excited!! We have a wonderful amount of time to really sink deep and absorb all the benefits of what this practice has to offer
- Intuitive Movement: freeing the fascia and dropping into the felt sense of the body with a little integrated whole body movement.
- Direct Myofascial Release: targeting the knotty spots and softening areas of the body that feel tight and tense with the use of blocks and tennis balls:
- Yin Yoga: a few yin stretches to gently tease open the tissues and drop us deeper into the body.
- Restorative yoga: the essiential yoga that brings it all together in stillness.
- Stllness: to let the work sink in and the nervous system settle and restore.
- A truly embodied practice that connects you back to the WHOLE of YOU!
I hope you can make it!
- Teacher: Dominique Preston
- Date: Sunday 25th July
- Time 2.00-5.00pm
- Cost: £30.00
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: 07971 206491