Coronavirus Guidance – updated 2/4/2021
Please contact the workshop teacher for bookings and further information – their details are listed in the course information:
- Baby Massage Course – Sharon Cox-Button (starting 15th April 2021)
- Beyond Recuperation – Mindfully Creating a New Future – Jem Shackleford (starting 27th May)
- Gong Sound Bath – Arianna Puran Udini ()
- Kinesiology Diploma Course – Jane Collison (starting May 2021)
- Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra – Sharon Cox-Button
- Saturday Soundbath Meditation – Sacred Healing Tones and Healing UK
- Yin Yoga – Chrissie Haskett (13th June)
Baby Massage Course
Six week baby massage courses are suitable for all babies from birth to 1 year old and their parents or primary caregivers. Some of the benefits of attendance are:
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached and loved
- Enjoying focused time with your baby
- Developing your baby’s body awareness and coordination
- Stimulating your baby’s circulation, digestion and nervous system
- Socializing with other parents and babies in a welcoming and supportive environment
- Developing your baby’s social skills
- Learning to relax whilst having fun, and learning a life-long parenting skill
The course was developed by the International Association of Infant Massage; for more information about the IAIM please visit www.iaim.org.uk.
The classes are small and supportive, and the relaxed atmosphere includes time for informal discussion between parents. Please do not worry about class times coinciding with sleep or feeding times, babies are welcomed as babies, and are expected to cry, sleep, need cuddling, feeding and changing.
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Time: Thursdays 12.00-1.15pm
- Dates: 15th 22nd 29th April,6th 13th 20th May 2021
- Cost: £69.00
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742821937
Beyond Recuperation- Mindfully Creating a New Future
This last year has been difficult. One great mindfulness teacher, Christina Feldman, describes what we have lived through as a ‘Landscape of Loss.’ As we slowly emerge from this landscape and begin to restart our lives, we have an opportunity to reshape how we are and respond to the world around us. This course will follow an adapted 8-week mindfulness course format. It will explore ways of being with our own experience with acceptance and patience and also bring in an additional dimension of cultivating a more compassionate and balanced quality to our attention. By doing so, it is hoped to be able to recuperate from the past year, with all its difficulties, and face what the world has in store for us with a sense of renewal and resolve.
It is suitable for beginners and experienced meditators alike. If you already have a practice, this course will help you develop generous qualities of attention by building in a more equanimous approach. If you have never practised mindfulness before, you will learn how to explore the present moment with kindness and curiosity. For everyone, throughout the course there will be an emphasis on restoration and rejuvenation.
The cost is on a sliding scale with £220 as the standard fee. There is a subsidised fee for those who are unemployed, low-wage furloughed and NHS key workers of £120 and a supporters’ fee for those who are able to support someone of £290. If you are unable to pay anything, please contact Jem at email@example.com.
- Teacher: Jem Shackleford
- Dates: 27th May to 15th June
- Day: Thursdays 7.00-9.00pm
- All day retreat, Sunday 4th July
- Cost: see paragraph above
- Bookings: online registration form
- For more information please contact Jem at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gong Sound Bath
The Gong is a sacred and ancient instrument which has been used for thousands of years for deep healing, rejuvenation and transformation. Physically, the resonance produced releases tension and blocks in the body, stimulates the glandular system and helps balance the nervous system. Mentally, the sound of the Gong helps clean out the subconscious mind, rewriting old patterns, slows down brain waves, and aids in reaching Shuniya – a place of stillness within ourselves where we can access our innate wisdom. Playing the Gong after Kundalini Yoga is especially beneficial as the body is even more receptive to the healing vibrations it carries. The whole cellular system can be regenerated at a very deep level which can be profoundly restorative, a perfect antidote to today’s stressful lifestyles. “The Gong is the first and last instrument for the human mind, there is only one thing that can supersede and command the human mind, the sound of the Gong. It is the first sound in the universe, the sound that created this universe. It’s the basic creative sound. To the mind, the sound of the gong is like a mother and father that gave it birth. The mind has no power to resist a gong that is well played.” Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga During the session, we will practise a simple Kriya to stretch, energise and prepare the body, followed by a meditation to clear and quieten the mind. There will be a short relaxation then the Gong will be played. You should wear loose, comfortable clothing which is easy to move and stretch in, and bring water to drink. Mats and blankets will be supplied. Please note that Gong baths are not recommended during pregnancy.
- Teacher: Arianna Puran Udini
- Time: 10:30 – 12.00pm
- Date: new dates in 2021 coming soon!
- Price: £12.00
- Mobile: 07790 506 821
- Email Arianna
Kinesiology Diploma Course
For students who have passed the foundation level of training, the diploma course is the final step to becoming a qualified Kinesiologist. This course is accredited and verified by the Kinesiology Association and delivers high-quality vocational training incorporating best practice and the current National Occupational Standards (KNOS) in Kinesiology.
- 12 weekends (or 24 full days) of classroom training
- Access to your tutor for support between weekends
- 270-page comprehensive colour manual and additional handouts to supplement techniques
- Student log book
- An online training platform of further resources
- Fees for a final multiple choice exam
- Fees for a practical assessment from a trained assessor (not your tutor)
- Associate level membership of the Kinesiology Association for 12 months
Course dates: 17th/18th April, 22nd/23rd May, 26th/27th June, 24th/25th July, 21st/22nd August, 18th/19th September, 16th/17th October, 13th/14th November, 11th/12th December, 15th/16th January 2022, 12th/13th February 2022, 12th/13th March 2022
- Teacher: Jane Collison
- Time: 9.30am-5pm each day
- Cost: £4,450
- Email:Email Jane
- Equilibre Health website
We run regular NCT Birth Preparation classes with local teachers Claire Williams and Ellen Simon throughout the year. Please contact the National Organisation to book onto a course
Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
Nurture yourself using Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra. Through passive and supported stretching using bolsters, blocks, chairs and blankets the body is given time to unwind, the breath to slow and the mind to become present. This will be followed by the practice of yoga nidra, a systematic method of inducing complete mental, emotional and physical relaxation with body scan and breath awareness. Suitable for all and particular if you are very tired, stressed or recovering from illness. This extended class will finish with tea and delicious, healthy cake from Feed the Soul.
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Dates: new dates to be announced in the Autumn
- Cost: £28
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742 821 937
Saturday Soundbath Meditation
Come and join Rebecca for a transformational experience with cosmic gongs and crystal tone sound healing bowls with an variety of other sacred healing instruments for a cosmic journey through different soundscapes to take you deep into your own conscious exploration experience.
Rest your eyes and drift into the blissful cocoon created by the wave of harmonics from the gongs, Himalayan & crystal bowls & chimes,
- 32″ Symphonic gong
- 32” Chau Gong
- 30” Sun Gong
Listen to a wide spectrum of Pure Quartz Crystal Singing bowls, Tibetan bowls
and experience a Guided meditation.
Everything you see is in a state of vibration, including us and we are constantly influenced by heard and unheard sound frequencies.
Sound has the capability to affect how we feel and heal here are just a few reasons why a sound bath will be good for you
- Heals your body by reducing stress and anxiety. …
- Impacts the human nervous system and decreases blood pressure. …
- Helps tune out your thoughts and tune in your meditation. …
- Allows you to open up and reconnect with yourself . …
- Makes you more relaxed, balanced, and focused.
I’d like to give you this opportunity to take advantage of bringing along someone special at an investment of £25 per couple. (Usually £15pp)
- Teacher Bex Leonard ( Sacred Crystal Tones and Healing UK)
- new dates in 2021 coming soon!
- Cost : £15.00 payable in advance
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/733769917184408/
- Mobile: 07341828482
Summer Yin Yoga
Treat your body, mind and spirit to a gentle morning of Yin Yoga focusing on balancing and supporting your energy
during the season of summer. Working with slow, long held, floor based poses and an awareness of our breath, we will
nurture the energy of the Fire Element, the Element of summer in the Traditional Chinese system of medicine and
its related Meridians, Heart, Small Intestine, Heart Protector and Triple Heater. Also included in the morning will be
some Acupressure point work to support to support our bodies. The session will conclude with a long relaxation
accompanied by the sound of crystal singing bowls.
- Teacher ; Chrissie Haskett
- Day: Sunday June 13th
- Cost; £20.00 ( booking essiential)
- Phone: 07341 820716
- Email: email@example.com