Coronavirus Guidance – updated 5/8/2021
Please contact the workshop teacher for bookings and further information – their details are listed in the course information:
- Baby Massage Course – Sharon Cox-Button (13th January)
- Gong Sound Bath – Arianna Puran Udini (5th December)
- Honouring The Winter Solstice – Sian Lalita Alcock (19th December)
- Iyengar Yoga Workshop – Cheree Low (4th December)
- Kirtan/Om Shanti -Interactive Concert – Magdalena Atkinson (2nd January 2022)
- Mini First Aid -Sue Fisher (24th January)
- Reiki Share – Karen Giles and Wrio Russell
- Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra – Sharon Cox-Button (5th December)
- Restorative Yoga for Deep Rest – Tracey Boast (2nd December)
- Saturday Soundbath Meditation – Sacred Healing Tones and Healing UK (23rd December)
- Shakti Dance Workshop – Magdalena Atkinson ( )
- Yin Yoga – Chrissie Haskett (4th December)
Baby Massage Course
Six week baby massage courses are suitable for all babies from birth to 1 year old and their parents or primary caregivers. Some of the benefits of attendance are:
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached and loved
- Enjoying focused time with your baby
- Developing your baby’s body awareness and coordination
- Stimulating your baby’s circulation, digestion and nervous system
- Socializing with other parents and babies in a welcoming and supportive environment
- Developing your baby’s social skills
- Learning to relax whilst having fun, and learning a life-long parenting skill
The course was developed by the International Association of Infant Massage; for more information about the IAIM please visit www.iaim.org.uk.
The classes are small and supportive, and the relaxed atmosphere includes time for informal discussion between parents. Please do not worry about class times coinciding with sleep or feeding times, babies are welcomed as babies, and are expected to cry, sleep, need cuddling, feeding and changing.
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Time: Thursdays 12.00-1.15pm
- Dates: 13th, 20th , 27th January, 3rd, 10th February 2022
- Cost: £69.00
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742821937
A meditation course in the tradition of Advaita Vedanta with experienced local teacher. An opportunity to explore simple meditation techniques in a supportive and open atmosphere. Suitable for beginners and those seeking to develop or enhance a practice.
- Teacher: Marj Snape
- Time: Thursdays 6.30-7.30pm
- Starting : next course coming soon!
- Cost: £40 for 5 week course
- Mobile: 07769 949947
- Email: email@example.com
Gong Sound Bath
- Teacher: Arianna Puran Udini
- Sunday 5th December 11-12.30pm
- Price: £15.00
- Mobile: 07790 506 821
- Email Arianna
Honouring The Winter Solstice
This Winter Solstice is a time when the sun stands still and we teeter on the brink of a new year, from darkness into a gradually awakening light as we welcome in the slow return of the sun and lengthening days. While still deep in the quiet of our personal hibernations, embracing the teachings that come from our natural world, we come together to honour our journey of the year and plant into our consciousness the seeds that will gradually emerge and bear fruit for the new year ahead.
This process is supported with various practices including Yoga, Nidra, Free movement, Music, Reflection, Life Coaching and Meditation.
A welcome opportunity to take a breather from all the busy-ness of the season and connect with our deeper selves as we give thanks for all the gifts we have received, let go and open our hearts to receive the blessings of what is to come.
- Teacher: Sian Lalita Alcock
Date: Sunday 19th December
- Time: 10.00-1.00pm
- Price: £35.00
- Mobile: 07527 052273
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Iyengar Yoga Workshop
Cheree is a certified Iyengar Yoga Instructor who holds a Level 3 certificate. She began practising and later teaching yoga in the greater Dallas area , USA before relocating to Bournemouth, UK. Cheree’s teaching is characterised by her enthusiasm and humour, encouraging students to refine their practice to develop awareness and intelligence in the mind and body. Her classes are dynamic and precise, while sensitive to the needs of all students.
- Teacher: Cheree Low
- Saturday 4th December 10.00-1.00pm
- Cost: £25.00
- Please email email@example.com to book a place
Kirtan /Om Shanti-Interactive Concert
Hearts open when all co-create the soundscape together – with singing and drumming, chanting and dancing.
Welcome to a live soulful event with chanting, music making and being together!
What to expect? Magdalena’s Interactive Concerts and workshops are the unique original blend of Magdalena’s spiritual music woven into the community spirit. Nothing touches us more deeply individually or collectively then being fully engaged in a joyous & positive activity. Interactive concerts have been created on the foundation of this principle. The structure of the concert falls between a chanting / kirtan category and concert with audience participation.
During the concert you can choose how much you want to participate, by listening, singing or playing together. Everyone has an opportunity to be fully engaged, invited to join with a voices and rhythms. Magdalena performs her music and skillfully teaches her original chants and songs to the audience, gradually introducing more instruments and more freedom of expression. She creates a thriving environment, leading all to the community music making, full of exuberant joy and healing.
Watch a video about Magdalena’s Interactive Concerts: https://www.magdalenaatkinson.co.uk/thrive-interactive-concerts.
- Teacher: Magdalena Atkinson
- Date: Sunday 2nd January
- Time: 4.00-600pm
- Cost; £10.00
- Booking: https://www.magdalenaatkinson.co.uk/event-details/om-shanti-interactive-concert-with-magdalena-atkinson
Mini First Aid
Award Winning Baby & Child first aid class for parents and carers.
The 2 hour class covers CPR, choking, bumps, burns, breaks, bleeding, febrile seizures & meningitis awareness.
- Teacher : Sue Fisher
- Date: Monday 24th January
- Time: 12.30-2.30pm
- Cost: £20.00
We run regular NCT Birth Preparation classes with local teachers Claire Williams and Ellen Simon throughout the year. Please contact the National Organisation to book onto a course
The Japanese word ‘Reiki’ literally translates as universal life force energy. This system of healing was developed by Mikao Usui the early 20th century. It is a non-invasive complementary therapy that has been taught and used in the UK since the late 1900s, but Eastern medicine has for thousands of years worked with this energy, recognising its flow through all living things. Reiki supports orthodox medicine or can be used alone but is not a replacement for traditional medication or treatments. It is not based on any belief, faith or suggestion, yet, scientific research using quantum physics is starting to help us to understand how Reiki healing may work to benefit the individual. It has been suggested that in years to come it may be known as energy medicine based on scientifically measurable energy emitted from the practitioner’s hands.
A reiki share is a gathering to give and receive Reiki in a casual atmosphere of friendship, honour, positive energy and devotion.If you are new to Reiki and interested in joining please contact Karen. The class will be led by Reiki Masters Karen Giles and Wrio Russell.
- Teachers: Karen Giles and Wrio Russell
- Dates: new dates in January 22
- Time: 2.30-4.00pm
- Cost: £5.00
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: Karen 07880 353260
Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
Nurture yourself using Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra. Through passive and supported stretching using bolsters, blocks, chairs and blankets the body is given time to unwind, the breath to slow and the mind to become present. This will be followed by the practice of yoga nidra, a systematic method of inducing complete mental, emotional and physical relaxation with body scan and breath awareness. Suitable for all and particular if you are very tired, stressed or recovering from illness. This extended class will finish with tea and delicious, healthy cake from Feed the Soul.
- Teacher: Sharon Cox-Button
- Sunday 5th December 1.30-4.00pm
- Cost: £28.00
- Email Sharon
- Mobile: 07742 821 937
Restorative Yoga For Deep Rest
This monthly Restorative Yoga class is a practise of deliberate stillness for deep
conscious rest. This will reset the nervous system, reduce muscular tension, clear the
mind and create space for the natural breath.
You are invited in this nourishing practise of true self care to rest in long held postures,
fully supported with props.
This form of yoga practise offers the opportunity to find deep and nourishing rest, reduce
feelings of stress and anxiety and leave you feeling truly restored, rebalanced and re-
- Teacher: Tracey Boast
- Thursday 2nd December 7.00-9.00pm
- Sunday 12th December 10.00-12.00pm
- Cost: £20 advanced booking
- Mobile: 07792150811
- Email: email@example.com
Saturday Soundbath Meditation
Come and join Rebecca for a transformational experience with cosmic gongs and crystal tone sound healing bowls with an variety of other sacred healing instruments for a cosmic journey through different soundscapes to take you deep into your own conscious exploration experience.
Rest your eyes and drift into the blissful cocoon created by the wave of harmonics from the gongs, Himalayan & crystal bowls & chimes,
- 32″ Symphonic gong
- 32” Chau Gong
- 30” Sun Gong
Listen to a wide spectrum of Pure Quartz Crystal Singing bowls, Tibetan bowls
and experience a Guided meditation.
Everything you see is in a state of vibration, including us and we are constantly influenced by heard and unheard sound frequencies.
Sound has the capability to affect how we feel and heal here are just a few reasons why a sound bath will be good for you
- Heals your body by reducing stress and anxiety. …
- Impacts the human nervous system and decreases blood pressure. …
- Helps tune out your thoughts and tune in your meditation. …
- Allows you to open up and reconnect with yourself . …
- Makes you more relaxed, balanced, and focused.
I’d like to give you this opportunity to take advantage of bringing along someone special at an investment of £25 per couple. (Usually £15pp)
- Teacher Bex Leonard ( Sacred Crystal Tones and Healing UK)
- Thursday 23rd December 4.30-5.45pm
- Cost : £15.00 payable in advance
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/733769917184408/
- Mobile: 07341828482
Shakti Dance – Yoga of Dance
Shakti Dance is a practice inspired by the wisdom of yoga, combining the awareness of your body, mind and spirit. It uses yoga postures (asanas), different dance styles and free movement. On an energetic level, Shakti Dance helps to develop your intuition, to release blocks in your energy system and to experience mystical states.
My Shakti Dance workshops are enriched by my music, singing and playing different instruments (guitar, dulcimer, drums). I also combine them with astrology, Gene Keys and personal development, taking you on a very special and personal spiritual journey.
- Teacher: Magdalena Atkinson
- Day: Last Sunday of the Month
- January 30th
- £15 (bookings are essential due to limited space)
- Please book: https://www.magdalenaatkinson.co.uk/…/shakti-dance-yoga…
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Xmas Yin Yoga Workshop
You are invited to join me for a nurturing afternoon of Yin Yoga and sound. We will gently unwind our bodies with a
series of passive, floor based postures supported by bolsters and props, all the while maintaining an awareness of the breath to support the practise, encourage relaxation, calm the mind and bring our attention fully into the present
moment. The session will end with a long relaxation to sound of crystal singing bowls.
The class is a fund raiser for a charity that is very dear to my heart, Alrowwad Cultural and Arts Society, which is located in
the heart of Aida refugee camp, on the outskirts of Bethlehem. The centre was founded in 1998, to help give
children the resilience and means of self-expression needed to counter the harsh realities of everyday life in the over-
populated camp, abutting the separation wall. It is a grassroots organisation run by and for the community to
teach children to be promoters of peace. To read and see more visit www.alrowwad.org .
- Teacher: Chrissie Haskett
- Date: Saturday 4th December
- Time: 3-5.30pm
- Cost: £20.00
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: 07341820716