Our format this month is not its usual slickness as Ed my newsletter editor is moving house, so it’s a bit rough and ready but the content is fabulous as always!
Friday June 21st is International Yoga day and we would like to share this special day with you by inviting you to a free evening of yoga classes – see more below
If any of you are going to the Dorset Fest this year, we look forward to seeing you there. Dorchester Yoga and Therapy Centre will be running the Holistic Zone, offering Yoga, meditation, relaxation, aromatherapy hand massage, reflexology, thai yoga massage, kinesiology and meridian balancing! Come and find us!
Enjoy the weather and the great outdoors, and of course your yoga, and be thankful for living in such a wonderful part of the country, indeed the world!
As ever, the details are below and in the calendar – please check it!
With best wishes from Sharon and all the teachers and therapists at Dorchester Yoga and Therapy Centre
International Yoga Day
We will be offering free classes from 5.15 to 9.30pm, with a shared Chanting For Peace at 6pm. Come for one or come for all!!!
- 5.15-6.00pm Beginners Yoga – Kim Jones
- 5.15-6.00pm Exploring Stillness – Marj Snape
6.00- 6.30pm Chanting For Peace – Marj Snape and Sarah Ryan
6.30-7.15pm Hatha Yoga – Sandy Tubby
6.30-7.15pm Ashtanga Vinyasa – Kim Mackie
- 7.15-8.00pm RajaDhiraja Yoga – Jez Culley
- 7.15-8.00pm Vinyasa Flow – Toni Roberts
8.00-8.45pm Beginners Yoga – Toni Franklin
- 8.00-8.45pm Jivamukti Yoga – Leanne Jones
- 8.45-9.30pm Breathing and Yoga Nidra – Sharon Cox-Button
- 8.45-9.30pm Yin Yoga – Chrissie Haskett
We ask for a donation of £5 to The Bus Shelter Dorset who supports those sleeping rough.
We started various new classes in May:
Yoga For Parkinsons is a new weekly class on Thursdays 9.15-10.15am taught by Sharon Cox-Button, if you are interested or would like more information please contact 07742821937 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We also hosted an Introduction to Baby signing class run by Little Signers for our Mums, Dads and Babies and that was a huge success and enjoyed buy all so we hope to be able to offer a regular course soon.
Our monthly Reiki Share is back and Annabel Fox, our Massage and Reiki therapist took the first session. There have been no reiki shares for a while now as Karen Giles who used to take them has retired, but we hope she might come back and take a few odd ones! It has been missed by many and so is great to have it back on the timetable! These sessions will be monthly, but not fixed to a certain day. So if you would like to be informed as to when they are, and who is teaching them please contact us to be added to the email list. If you would like to know more about reiki share please contact us. It could be a great introduction to the reiki world!
Monthly classes and workshops in June
- Thursday 6th June 7.00-8.30pm Mindfulness Drop-In with Jem Shackleford
- Friday 7th June 7.00-8.00pm Breathing and Yoga Nidra with Sharon Cox-Button
- Saturday 8th June 10.45-12.15pm Yoga Sutras of Patanjali with Sarah Ryan
- Wednesday 12th June 12.30-2.00pm Sound Space Meditation with Chrissy Foster
- Saturday 15th June 10.00-12.30pm Qoya Workshop with Vikki Smisek
- Saturday 15th June 1.00-4.00pm Iyengar Yoga Workshop with Cheree
- Sunday 16th June 11.00-4.00pm Crystal healing Workshop with Sakhmets Care
- Tuesday 18th June 10.00-12.00pm Mini First Aid with Sue Fisher
- Thursday 20th June 6.30-8.30pm Reiki Share with Annabel Fox
- Friday 21st June 5.30-9.00pm INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY (see above)
- Saturday 22nd 10.00-1.00pm The Wisdom of the Upanishads with Marj Snape
- Saturday 22nd 11.00-2pm Celebrating the Summer Solstice with Sian Lalita Alcock
- Saturday 29th 10.00-12.30pm Chakra Workshop with Jez Culley
- Saturday 29th 2.00-5.30pm Massage with a Partner Workshop with Jane Collison
- Sunday 30th 10.00-11.30am Alignment Flow with Victoria Boast