We have a busy June at The Dorchester Yoga and Therapy centre, but then it is a busy time of year as we fill all these long light days with activity!
Make sure you get the right balance of yin and yang. Chrissie Haskett’s Yin workshop will do just that – “nurture the energy of the Fire Element, the Element of summer in the Traditional Chinese system of medicine”.
We are very excited to have Dr Kausthub Desikachar giving a 3 day seminar on the Cakra-s.
This three-day immersion course will provide a solid platform for serious practitioners to explore the topic of Cakra-s in depth. I am sure it will be amazing.
Dr Kausthub Desikachar is known for his remarkable knowledge and his ability to present the ancient teachings in a way that is both profound and applicable for modern day practitioners. He will also offer an hour of Peace Chants and an Introductory seminar on his Yoga Therapy course which he hopes to run in 2023.
We reach Mid -Summer, the longest day of the year and the day that yoga is celebrated all around the world.
For International Yoga day this year we are listing a whole load of free classes, we hope you will come along and join us and bring your friends and family! Please keep an eye on the website and all events will be listed there.
As ever, the details are below and in the calendar – please check it!
With best wishes from Sharon and all the teachers and therapists at Dorchester Yoga and Therapy Centre
New / changing classes
We have three new classes starting soon
‘Breathe Deeply” with Al Beales
- Tuesdays 8:00 – 9:00pm
- Starting on Tuesday 28th June
- More about Breathe Deeply
Beginners Class with Natasha Hope
- Thursdays 6:00 – 7:15pm
- Starting on Thursday 7th July
- More about Beginners classes
Tai Chi and Qi Gong class with Tim Button
- Tuesdays 5:00 – 6:00pm
- More about Tai Chi and Qi Gong
Magdalena’s Om Shanti and Shakti Dance workshops will finish for the Summer, but she will host a drumming and chanting evening at Ringstead beach on 25th June from 7:30pm onwards, please contact Magdalena for details: 07796 656969. Bring drums and food to share!
Classes, Courses and Workshops: June
Exploring Our Energy Centres with Dr Kaushub Desikachar
- Friday 10th – Sunday 12th 9:30am – 5:00pm
- More about Exploring Our Energy Centres
Vedic Chants For Peace with Dr Kaushub Desikachar
- Friday 10th June 5:30 – 6:30pm
- More about Vedic Chants For Peace
Rajadhiraja Yoga with Jez Culley
- Friday 10th 6:30 – 8:00pm
- More about Rajadhiraja Yoga
Introduction to Yoga Therapy Course with Dr Kaushub Desikachar
- Saturday 11th 5:30 – 6:30pm
- More about Introduction to Yoga Therapy Course
Pilates Masterclass with Sharon Morgan
- Sunday 12th 10:00 – 11:30am
- More about Pilates Masterclass
Mini First Aid with Sue Fisher
- Monday 13th 12:30 – 2:30pm
- More about Mini First Aid
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali with Sarah Ryan
- Saturday 18th 10:45am – 12:15pm
- More about Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
Yin Yoga with Chrissie Haskett
- Saturday 18th 2:30 – 5:00pm
- More about Yin Yoga
International Yoga Day
- Tuesday 21st
- Free events all day with various teachers
- See listings on Classes page